Custom Media Innovator of the Year
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 14, 2008
Did you know that Lexus, a custom magazine published by Lexus, has a higher circulation than The Economist? Or that more people visit BeingGirl.com (Procter & Gamble) every day than Teen magazine (according to Alexa.com)?
Get Content. Get Customers., the new book from marketing experts Joe Pulizzi and Newt Barrett, is spreading the word that marketers are the new media moguls. Where advertising and pr-generated coverage in traditional media were once the only way to reach audiences, today savvy CMOs are creating their own media to connect directly with consumers.
At the vanguard of the new custom content movement are some of the nation's leading Fortune 500 companies as well as small start-ups, and they all share the common vision of creating smart, informative and entertaining content that speaks directly to their target audiences' interests and needs. With Get Content. Get Customers, Pulizzi and Barrett illustrate how companies of any size in any industry can benefit from strategic, customized content, and how they can go about conceiving of and creating the best media for their target audiences.
"The barriers, which for years separated businesses from communicating directly with customers, have fallen. Today, marketers can, and frankly have to be, tomorrow's media in order to survive," states Joe Pulizzi.
In Get Content. Get Customers. readers learn:
- Why fundamental changes in the marketing universe demand that we become content marketing practitioners;
- How to cope with the fundamental changes in buyer behavior by engaging in a dialogue with your prospects and customers. How to make them want to buy from you;
- How content marketing can accelerate the growth of your customer base, grow revenues, and improve your bottom line;
- How to understand your customers, their concerns, and how to communicate with them by asking the right questions;
- How and when to use the most important types of content to connect with your customers in print and online;
- Best practices from organizations that are executing content marketing successfully;
- How to develop processes that will enable you to create, deploy and replicate effective content marketing strategies throughout your organization;
Get Content. Get Customers. is available at Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Get-Content-Customers-Newt-Barrett/dp/098018780X/ref=gcgc2008-20/). For more information, including a free excerpt from the book, at http://getcontentgetcustomers.com/free-excerpt/.
About Joe Pulizzi
Thought leader, speaker, writer and evangelist for content marketing, Pulizzi is founder and chief content officer for Junta42, a content marketing/custom publishing community search engine and resource, helping businesses of all sizes learn how to create valuable, relevant and compelling content. Junta42's Match product is a web service that helps businesses and associations find the best possible vendors for their custom content projects. Joe was recently names "Custom Media Innovator of the Year" by American Business Media. Joe's blog, http://blog.junta42.com, is one of leading blogs in content marketing.
About Newt Barrett
Newt is president of Content Marketing Strategies, a division of Voyager Media, Inc. His company helps small- and medium-sized companies attract new customers through the use of relevant content practices. Newt is a leading thinker on the new discipline of content marketing. He urges marketers to think like publishers by delivering essential, relevant, and timely information that makes customers smarter and wiser-and much more likely to become buyers. You can find more about Newt, his company, and about content marketing at Content Marketing Today.