Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 14, 2008
GiraMondo Wine Adventures presents a contest to design the new label for a French Sparkling Rosé wine. Details of the contest will be launched at the First Annual Champagne and Other Bubbles Festival at the French Embassy on July 24. The Festival will feature a number of different champagnes and sparkling wines from around the world. This event will be a great opportunity to enjoy refreshing wines during this hot summer and learn about the wine industry. Geared towards people who would like to discover and understand the wine world as well as veterans in the wine industry, the Festival will delight all who attend.
Enjoy the opportunity to:
- Learn the difference between brut versus demi-sec, and blanc de noirs versus blanc de blancs
- Understand how sparkling wines are made and how they differ region to region
- Taste sparkling wines and champagne from France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Australia, and the U.S.
Festival highlights will include:
- 25+ Champagnes and Sparkling wines to taste
- Meeting fellow wine enthusiasts and aficionados
- Classes taught by Champagne Caster Claude Thibualt and GiraMondo Wine President, Laurent Guinand
- The launch of a French Sparkling Rosé label design contest
For those who want to do more than just drink the wines and have a bit of a creative side, the Label Design Contest is just the opportunity. Combine a passion for wine with the love of art and creativity.
- Design a label using your creative and artistic talents
- Winning label will be used on the French Sparkling Rosé to be released in the U.S. later this year
- Winner receives a $300 prize
Participants in the contest must abide by the official rules set forth by GiraMondo and made available July 24 at the Champagne and Other Bubbles Festival. Rules and Regulations will also be posted on GiraMondo's website at http://www.giramondowine.com on July 25 for those not able to attend the festival.
The price of the Festival is $79/Person including tasting of 25+ wines and assorted appetizers available throughout the evening. Being after work, dress will be business casual. The atmosphere will be casual and lively as the evening will highlight some of the wine industries best champagnes and sparkling wines.
The Festival will be held on Thursday July 24 at the French Embassy on Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC.
For more information or to buy tickets for the Festival, contact GiraMondo Wine Adventures at (301) 841-7609 or visit http://www.giramondowine.com/events.
Find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1200376029