We are excited to have Bingo.com join as a member of the anti-fraud community
Dublin, Ireland (PRWEB) July 14, 2008
Leading Bingo Company Joins Community of Companies Working Together to Combat Online Fraud.
- Ethoca, the leader in collaborative fraud management, today announces that Bingo.com is the latest international company to join the rapidly expanding community committed to fighting fraud.
- Bingo.com, Ltd. operates http://www.bingo.com, one of the most recognized and most visited online bingo entertainment destinations on the Internet.
- The rising popularity of online bingo games is quickly attracting new players to join, but comes hand-in-hand with an increased risk of fraud. Fraudsters hoping to exploit vulnerable sites can leave both the business and the consumer feeling the pinch.
- Today's announcement further underscores the global momentum for collaborative fraud management. From online retail to electronic payments to gaming, global leaders see the collaborative fraud management community that Ethoca powers as a way to inform their decisions and enhance their profitability on thousands of transactions every day.
- Ethoca offers a unique service that allows companies to benefit from the fraud experiences of other companies. Accepting more of the "right" types of transactions increases revenue, and declining the "wrong" ones reduce loss and non-payment.
- "We consider it critical to share information to progress," said Henry Bromley, CFO, of Bingo.com, Ltd. "Joining Ethoca's collaborative fraud management community is a logical step for our business to fight fraud and enhance profitability."
- "We are excited to have Bingo.com join as a member of the anti-fraud community," said Andre Edelbrock, Ethoca's CEO. "With the growth in the online gaming community and increased customer-not-present transactions, Ethoca will help Bingo.com reduce the cost of fraud by leveraging the shared experiences of the community. Ethoca's collaborative fraud management enables Bingo.com to tackle the on-going problem of online fraud and drive company profits forward."
Working in partnership with forward-thinking businesses, individuals and law enforcement, Ethoca is making e-commerce safer and more profitable by building the first international Collaborative Anti-Fraud Community.
To be more successful in combating fraud, companies must collaborate within and across industries by securely sharing transaction experiences in a way that is not a competitive threat. Ethoca enables businesses that operate in customer-not-present environments (Internet, phone, fax or mail) to make more informed decisions about their customer transactions, by sharing transaction experience data in a way that is secure, automated, effective and ethical. Community members see reduced fraud, lower fraud-related costs, increased revenue from fewer wrongly rejected orders and improved customer satisfaction rates.
EthocaTM is a registered trademark of Ethoca Limited. For more information about Ethoca visit http://www.ethoca.com.
About Bingo.com, Ltd
Bingo.com, Ltd. (NASD : "BNGOF") is the parent company of the Bingo.com group of companies which operates the popular online gaming community http://www.bingo.com. The Bingo.com group offers multiplayer bingo, slot machines, sweepstakes, and more. Players come together from around the world to chat, share, play and win at Bingo.com. With over 1,800,000 registered users http://www.bingo.com is one of the most recognized and most visited bingo entertainment destinations on the Internet.