Spanish Adventure: Explorers & Conquistadors
Norwalk, CT (PRWEB) July 15, 2008
When Tauck World Discovery's first 2008 journeys to Europe depart later this week, it will mark the beginning of a very busy year there for the company. In the coming months Tauck will launch five new land programs in Europe, as well as two new river cruises, two new Tauck Bridges family programs, a new "Tauck at Sea" Mediterranean cruise, and a new luxury riverboat, the MS Swiss Sapphire.
"Europe is an ideal destination for Tauck," said company CEO Dan Mahar. "It has such a rich cultural story to tell, with incredible history, amazing culinary traditions, centuries-old monasteries and vineyards, and so much more. By providing a rich and authentic immersion into each destination, we're able to truly reveal Europe to our guests in a compelling, engaging way. It's no wonder that Europe is our most popular destination."
Europe also represents a great value for Tauck travelers. Tauck priced its 2008 European journeys beginning last spring, and it has held prices despite the weakening dollar. Tauck guests traveling to Europe essentially enjoy last year's exchange rate, saving more than 10%, said Mahar. Guests also benefit from Tauck's buying power with hotels and other suppliers. Mahar estimates that travelers attempting to duplicate a Tauck itinerary on their own will spend up to 40% more than they would if traveling with the company.
Tauck offers a total of 45 itineraries in Europe and 2008 bookings remain robust despite recent economic news, said Mahar, adding that nine different itineraries are showing double-digit increases as high as 39%. The company continues to aggressively promote its European offerings to keep demand strong; A full-color, 44-page "Invitation To Europe" brochure mailed recently to travel agents and consumers, and a brochure highlighting Tauck's 12 journeys in Italy will mail later this month.
EXPLORING EUROPE'S YELLOW ROADS
Tauck's 45 European itineraries all share the company's "Yellow Roads" approach. Named for the scenic, secondary roads shown in yellow on European road maps, Tauck's Yellow Roads itineraries go off-the-beaten-path to deliver authentic, insider experiences. Besides visiting must-see sights, Tauck's guests enjoy Europe's less-traveled byways, explore its smaller towns and villages, and develop a rich understanding of local culture. For example, in the Loire Valley, a French baron personally greets Tauck guests and provides a demonstration with his prized hunting hounds, before hosting dinner in his family's ancestral chateau. Those interested in more information can contact their local travel professional, call Tauck at 1 800 468 2825 or go to http://www.tauck.com.
New Tauck Programs In Europe For 2008
"Bellissima Northern Italy" (Tauck land journey)
- 11 days from $4,960 per person, plus air.
- Milan, Italian Lakes region, Verona, Modena, Bologna, Padua, Venice and more.
"Alpine Interlude" (Tauck land journey)
- 12 days, from $4,890 per person, plus air.
- Zurich, Interlaken, Grindelwald, Innsbruck, Kitzbuehl, Lienz, Salzburg and more.
"Wonders of Greece" (Tauck land journey)
- 10 days, from $3,490 per person, plus air.
- Thessaloniki, Meteora, Kalambaka, Delphi, Olympia, Corinth, Athens and more.
"Realm of the Czars: Helsinki to Moscow" (Tauck land journey)
- 10 days, from $5,270 per person, plus air.
- Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Moscow and more.
"Russian Glories, Baltic Treasures" (Tauck land journey)
- 15 days, from $6,690 per person, plus air.
- Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Moscow and more.
"The Sweet Life: Rome & Sorrento" (Tauck Bridges family program)
- 7 days, from $2,780 per person, plus air.
- Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, Capri and more.
"Spanish Adventure: Explorers & Conquistadors" (Tauck Bridges family program)
- 8 days, from $3,285 per person, plus air
- Madrid, Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Toledo and more.
"The Rhine and Moselle" (Tauck river cruise)
- 13 days from $4,290 per person, plus air.
- Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Heidelberg, Baden-Baden, Strasbourg, Basel and more.
"Prague to the Black Sea" (Tauck river cruise)
- 20 days, from $7,290 per person, plus air.
- Included pre-/post-stays in Prague and Bucharest.
- Prague, Regensburg, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest and more.
"Mediterranean Discovery" (Tauck at Sea ocean cruise)
- 12 days, from $6,790 per person, plus air.
- Two night pre-stay in Barcelona; two night post-stay in Monte-Carlo.
- Barcelona, Majorca, Minorca, La Camargue, Nice, Monte-Carlo and more.