Oakland, CA (PRWEB) July 16, 2008
PR and marketing professionals who want to learn new practices for generating media coverage consistently throughout the year, even when there's no news hook, will discover practical strategies at a new audio conference from Bulldog Reporter's PR University. Attendees will come away with proven techniques for developing pitches that spark press attention for organizations' "everyday" great products and services.
This exclusive, dial in PR University audio conference takes place on Thursday, July 24, at 1PM EDT (noon, CDT, 11AM MDT; 10AM PDT). It's panel features four of the PR industry's most successful media relations practitioners at attracting press coverage:
- Vivian Deuschl, Corporate Vice President, Public Relations, The Ritz Carlton Hotel Company
- Lisa Anderson, Director, Corporate Media, Public Relations, Focus on the Family
- Fern Reiss, CEO, Expertizing.com
- Joan Stewart, President, The Publicity Hound
This 90-minute interactive call will give public relations professionals tools for leveraging social media, blogs, research and white papers. It will help sharpen pr practitioners ability to generate a substantial amount of additional news coverage--even on slow news days. It will also address how to score features, profile pieces, editorials, columns and more. Here are some of the story development, targeting and timing issues that attendees will cover in this audio conference:
- What to Do When There is No News: Techniques for finding surprising, attention-grabbing stories in your organization that the media will love
- Research Essentials: How editorial values differ from outlet to outlet--and how to tailor non-breaking pitches to the most receptive targets
- Principles of News Sense: Classic and cutting-edge definitions of "news"--plus ways to use them to supercharge and revive "dated" pitches or "old news"
- Web 2.0, SEO and Online Newsrooms: How social media like Twitter and search optimization change how reporters cover beats, track sources and find stories--and how to begin using these tools in online newsrooms and beyond to seed coverage
- Editorial Hot Buttons: Pegging to POVs, rumors, future trends, features, divisive issues, dramatic hooks and other sure-fire ways to supercharge your hit ratio…even when you're not breaking news
- Profnet, blogs, op-eds, podcasts, white papers, speeches--easy positioning tools you can use online and off to increase your visibility for year-round media pickup
Attendance at Bulldog Reporter's PR University audio conference costs $299 per telephone site. Participants in the 90-minute call will be able to pose specific questions for the panelists at several junctures during the discussion. Attendees of PRU University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual and a full transcript. For more information on taking part in the event, go to our conference home page or phone toll free: 1-800-959-1059.