Newton, MA (PRWEB) July 21, 2008
Two executive editors from Lyra Research, the digital imaging authority http://www.lyra.com, will be featured presenters at ISC's 2008 Conference on Fraud and Counterfeiting in the Imaging Supplies Industry. Produced by the Imaging Supplies Coalition (ISC), the conference will be held August 17-19, 2008 at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. On Monday, August 18, Charles Brewer, managing editor of Lyra's Hard Copy Supplies Journal, and Ann Priede, vice president of Lyra's Publications Group, will copresent an overview of hardware and supplies trends in the hard copy industry.
Some of the specific topics that Brewer and Priede will discuss in their session include the following:
· worldwide market forecasts for printers, copiers, and toner and ink cartridges;
· sophisticated marketing techniques printer vendors are using to regain market share from third-party supplies vendors;
· increased usage of chemically produced toners;
· convergence of ink jet and laser technologies in the office environment;
· marketing of branded ink jet supplies as "system" parts;
· the fierce competition between third-party ink jet supplies vendors and their drive to push cartridge prices lower;
· improving laser market price/performance ratio; and
· the increased investment in the toner and cartridge business as printer populations fuel demand for supplies and third-party suppliers gain market share.
Other interesting subjects that will be covered at the conference include technology for product authentication and brand protection; brand protection issues encountered on the Internet; strategies and techniques used by developers to thwart counterfeiters and IP infringement; environmental issues facing the imaging supplies industry; and an update on the progress of anticounterfeiting activities in Asia/China, Canada, Europe, and Latin America. For a complete agenda or to learn more about the ISC's 12th Annual International Conference, visit http://www.isc-inc.org.
The Lyra Supplies Forum 2008 at World Expo--August 19, 2008
Lyra's Supplies Forum 2008: Challenges and Opportunities in Digital Imaging Consumables Markets is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, August 19, from 8:30-5:30 p.m. at the World Expo, Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center, in Las Vegas. At this preshow event, Lyra's top supplies analysts will provide attendees with key forecast information, industry trends, and analysis for helping companies make key business decisions in this year of economic instability. In addition, high-quality industry speakers will add their perspective on the industry. Ticket costs are $449 for early registration and $599 at the door. For more information and to register, visit http://expo.lyra.com/.
Lyra Research: The Digital Imaging Authority
Lyra Research collaborates with imaging industry decision makers worldwide, enabling clients to strengthen their market position and achieve profitable growth. Lyra's expert analysts and editors help clients devise and implement creative solutions to business challenges, arming them with competitive intelligence, strategic and tactical advice, news and analysis, and market forecasts.
Since 1991, Lyra's custom research and consulting, advisory services, award-winning journals, and innovative events have set the standard for analysis of imaging hardware, consumables, and digital photography markets.
Visit http://www.lyra.com to learn more about how Lyra can be your strategic business partner.
# # #