Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) July 21, 2008
Marley Majcher, Founder and CEO of The Party Goddess! (http://www.thepartygoddess.com), has important insight about the economy and suggestions to stage a successful event during this slowdown.
Here are some unfortunate statistics:
According to a March 2008 National Association of Catering Executives report…
- 48% (of caterers and event planners) reported that they were seeing declines in event spending.
- 62% reported that customers are purchasing less expensive meals and avoiding luxury items.
- 52% reported clients booking events on Fridays and Sundays to avoid premium pricing.
So can you throw a real bash on a budget even if you're feeling the squeeze? Marley offers these invaluable tips:
- Think multi-purpose - make every aspect of your event work double time
- Create edible centerpieces (individual sweets on a pedestal in the middle of each table double as décor and dessert)
- Use chalkboard paint on wooden napkin rings or pots to do double duty as place cards
- Invest in some cylindrical vases to use for flowers, as buffet risers, to hold décor and other party necessities
- Create an inspiration board for your party to collect and organize thoughts as well as build tons of excitement
" The fact that we're in a recession is starting to sound like a broken record. The gloom and doom surrounding us all would take the excitement out of even the most festive occasions. This lagging economy is reminiscent of the post 9/11 period where people decided to entertain at home more, keeping the guest list to those they really wanted to entertain, cutting out lavish extras and spending smart without going overboard. The key to staging an amazing event, is to pick a focus and maximize your bang for the buck. I help people realize their vision with a minimal amount of drama," stated Majcher.
Speeches and Event Planning
Marley frequently speaks before various professional organizations, offering her patented guidance about event planning and entrepreneurial success.
About The Party Goddess!
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Party Goddess! events/clients include Snoop Dogg's vow renewal for the E! Channel, the opening of the Hollywood Bowl with Stevie Wonder and Bonnie Raitt, the Critics' Choice Awards honoring Harrison Ford and featuring Christina Applegate and Jennifer Connolly, Keyshawn Johnson's Birthday Party and launches for the Porsche Carrera and Bentley automobiles. Clients include Cesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer), Earthlink, Cedars-Sinai, Georgetown University, Art Center College of Design, Rusnak Automotive Group, San Diego Polo Club, See's Candies, Cal Tech and Whole Foods Market.