Rijswijk, The Netherlands (PRWEB) July 22, 2008
BlueCielo ECM Solutions, a leading global software company offering Engineering Content Management (ECM) solutions, announced today that it has released InnoCielo Publisher 2008 - the latest version of the optional Publisher add-on for its award-winning ECM solution InnoCielo Meridian Enterprise - which automates the rendering and publishing of engineering content.
In the publishing process, engineering documents are rendered into universally readable formats and stored in a target system such as a Windows folder, an FTP site, Microsoft SharePoint, Documentum or InnoCielo Meridian Enterprise itself. InnoCielo Publisher and its relevant modules make it possible to automate the publishing process, triggered by predefined document lifecycle events or on an ad-hoc basis.
InnoCielo Publisher is used together with InnoCielo Meridian Enterprise by companies such as Areva T&D Systems, Huntsman, Johnson Controls, Pfizer and Siemens in energy/utilities, manufacturing, oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and other vertical markets.
"InnoCielo Publisher is a useful extension to InnoCielo Meridian Enterprise which we currently use to manage about 280,000 technical documents. InnoCielo Publisher provides us with a standard approach to the high volume printing of our project documentation and integrates with our system to produce neutral PDFs for easy distribution," comments Alan Painter, business manager - secondary systems of AREVA T&D Systems, an industry leader in solutions for energy transmission and distribution. "With InnoCielo Meridian Enterprise at the front end, InnoCielo Publisher operates invisibly in the background and sends our publishing requirements to our servers in a wholly automated process, cutting out the need for manual, time-consuming effort."
"InnoCielo Publisher and its additional modules make it much easier for organizations to distribute information to departments outside of Engineering in neutral, accessible file formats. Approved documents are also available to collaboration partners at the right time through the right medium," adds Martijn Janmaat, BlueCielo's CEO. "With the entire information exchange process being automated, companies will experience benefits such as shorter turnaround times, greater efficiency and better protection of their intellectual property if external parties are involved."
InnoCielo Publisher 2008 comes with the following enhancements:
- Queue Management: InnoCielo Meridian Enterprise users can access the publishing queue from the PowerUser or OfficeUser desktop clients, allowing publishing jobs to be viewed, restarted and cancelled.
- Generic PDF Rendering: This module can render documents in most popular CAD (AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, MicroStation, SolidWorks), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, TXT, HTML), image (JPG, PNG, RLC, BMP, TIF, PCX etc) and fax (CAL, GP4, MIL, RAS) formats into the standard Adobe PDF format.
- Vista Support: InnoCielo Publisher can be run from all supported Windows operating system environments, including Windows Vista.
- General Improvements: Tracing, logging and error handling have been enhanced to greatly improve stability and traceability.
The InnoCielo Publisher 2008 release can be further enhanced with the following new modules:
- PDF Merge module: This module allows multiple documents in different source formats and linked by references or properties to be consolidated into a single PDF rendering. This is particularly useful for documents such as assemblies and sets of project documentation.
- Developer module: This module allows one to develop and use custom rendering and publishing options. This module in combination with the InnoCielo Publisher Standard Edition replaces the InnoCielo Publisher Framework.
In addition to the new modules above, standard InnoCielo Publisher modules are available for native rendering from AutoCAD, Inventor and Microsoft Office, and for publishing to InnoCielo Meridian Enterprise, the Windows file system and SmartZIP. New modules for publishing to Microsoft SharePoint and Documentum are anticipated soon.
More information on InnoCielo Publisher 2008 can be found at http://www.bluecieloecm.com/products/icp. You can also call us at (800) 323 2926 ext 111 (Toll-free from USA), +1 404 634 3302 (Americas) or +31 (0)70 413 3700 (EMEA).
About BlueCielo ECM Solutions
BlueCielo ECM Solutions provides Engineering Content Management and Application Integration solutions for owner/operators in multiple vertical industries including energy, oil & gas, petrochemical, government, pharmaceutical, and discrete and process manufacturing. BlueCielo has more than two decades of industry experience with over 275,000 users in 50+ countries worldwide. The company has offices in the USA, UK, Russia, Germany and the Netherlands, together with an extensive global network of established partners. BlueCielo ensures a high level of service and support on a truly worldwide scale for its leading software solutions, InnoCielo Meridian Enterprise and InnoCielo TeamWork (formerly AutoManager Meridian and AutoManager TeamWork). For more information, please visit http://www.bluecieloecm.com, or call (800) 323 2926 ext 111 (toll free from the USA), +1 404 634 3302 (Americas) or +31 (0)70 413 3700 (EMEA).
BlueCielo, InnoCielo, Cyco and AutoManager are registered trademarks of BlueCielo ECM Solutions. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. © 2008 BlueCielo ECM Solutions. All rights reserved.