Boston, MA (PRWEB) July 25, 2008
Gail Brissenden and Paul Asikis of Dracut, MA, are having a dream wedding in New England on October 4, 2008 courtesy of New England Marriott Hotels.
The couple entered Marriott's first-ever New England Wedding Giveaway this spring, and was selected to win a free Marriott hotel wedding at the Boston Marriott Peabody - valued at $14,000.
According to Lynne McLaughlin, Marketing & eCommerce Manager, New England Marriott, "Gail and Paul were selected by the judges because of their dedication and commitment to each other as well as their faithfulness to the theme of the Marriott Wedding Promotion."
DETAILS OF MARRIOTT'S NEW ENGLAND WEDDING GIVEAWAY
As part of Marriott's New England Wedding Giveaway, couples who booked their Marriott hotel wedding venue between February 1 and May 1, 2008 at a participating New England Marriott, Renaissance, or Courtyard hotels and who submitted a video, were entered into the drawing for the chance to win a free New England wedding.
Participating New England Marriott hotels included:
- Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway, Connecticut
- Hartford Marriott Rocky Hill, Connecticut
- Boston Marriott Burlington, Massachusetts
- Boston Marriott Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Boston Marriott Long Wharf, Massachusetts
- Boston Marriott Newton, Massachusetts
- Boston Marriott Peabody, Massachusetts
- Boston Marriott Quincy, Massachusetts
- Renaissance Boston Waterfront, Massachusetts
- Courtyard Boston Tremont Hotel, Massachusetts
- Newport Marriott, Rhode Island
THE JUDGING COMMITTEE
In order to select a winning couple, Marriott Hotels & Resorts went right to the experts - selecting a group of local wedding service purveyors who viewed each of the entries, relying on their areas of expertise to select the most deserving couple.
The judges were:
- Jodi R. R. Smith of MannerSmith Etiquette Consulting, an etiquette consulting firm
- Mina & Demetri Papoulidis of Demetri Productions, an Artistic photography & videography company
- Arlene Cronk of Invitations Company, an invitation company.
ABOUT THE LUCKY COUPLE
Gail and Paul have been dating for six years and met on a blind date set up by their friend Amy. Amy had actually arranged for Paul to meet another one of her friends, but the friend canceled out at the last minute and Gail agreed to step in.
Gail is a nurse who works three jobs and Paul has his own construction company.
According to judge Jodi R. R. Smith, "I loved this couple because they are an all-American love story and epitomize the blending of different cultures. She is the girl next door, he is tall dark and handsome from Greece!"
"I also thought their first meeting was so Meg Ryan romantic movie style because she filled in last minute on a blind date, and brought along her sister! And they still managed to fall in love."
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For additional information about the New England Marriott Hotels Wedding Giveaway, contact Jane Coloccia, JC Communications, LLC at 609-737-2587 or visit: http://www.marriott.com.