60 Percent of U.S. Managers Polled Think Casual Dress is Good for Productivity - Entry/Mid-Level Employees Don't Agree

Share Article

FPC Workplace Web Poll of 9,105 employees across all industries indicates that 60% of Managers, Directors, VPs and above think that going back to corporate dress would be taking a step backward, while the other 40% thought casual dress hurt productivity. Industry breakdown - Most industries think casual dress is good - EXCEPT Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Chemical industry employees at all levels overwhelmingly agree that Casual Dress hurt productivity.

Companies are always trying to figure out the magic ingredient for happy employees and increased productivity.

FPC Workplace Web Poll of 9,105 employees across all industries indicates that 60% of Managers, Directors, VPs and above think that going back to corporate dress would be taking a step backward, while the other 40% thought casual dress hurt productivity.

Interestingly, Entry and Mid-level employees do not agree. 51% feel it would be taking a step backward, while 49% think casual dress hurt productivity. FPC, a national executive search firm, anonymously polls job candidates visiting http://www.fpcnational.com on their perspective on workplace issues.

Most employees across industries hold the same perspective on casual dress. However, a distinct opposite trend appears in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biomedical Industries, which showed the following:

Candidates polled across all job levels responded to the statement -- We should go back to more corporate attire in the workplace --

Pharmaceutical (183 polled)

  •     64% I agree, the casual dress trend hurt productivity.
  •     36% I disagree, that would be taking a step backward.

Chemical (264 polled)

  •     59% I agree, the casual dress trend hurt productivity.
  •     41% I disagree, that would be taking a step backward.

Biomedical (182 polled)

  •     54% I agree, the casual dress trend hurt productivity.
  •     46% I disagree, that would be taking a step backward.

"Companies are always trying to figure out the magic ingredient for happy employees and increased productivity." said FPC CEO & President Ron Herzog. "For some companies it's a matter of giving employees autonomy and a voice in the company. For others, it's more personal - flexible work schedules, telecommuting, or a family friendly environment. And even something as simple as being able to go to work without a suit can make a huge difference in an employee's motivation. Sometimes little things can make a big difference in productivity - though what is important to people does seem to differ across industries, so it's important that companies take steps to find out what is important to their particular employees."

About the Poll
The FPC Workplace Web Poll takes the pulse of candidates in the ever-changing job market and spots developing trends. FPC conducts ongoing research so that its recruiters can provide the most current advice and information to job candidates and client companies. FPC shares pertinent results with the public (http://www.fpcnational.com/press-releases.html).

The FPC website, http://www.fpcnational.com, offers candidates actionable articles (http://www.fpcnational.com/job-search-tips.html), such as - Social Networking Can Hurt Your Job Search, If you Let It - and - Don't Get Lost in a Database - drawing on the company's years of recruiting talent, helping executives to be seen by hiring companies and negotiating new positions.

About FPC
FPC is a national executive search firm with over 70 franchise locations. Advocates for both clients and candidates since 1959, FPC recruiters are committed to bringing together the right individual with the right opportunity. For further information about FPC, call 800-886-7839 or visit the FPC Web site at http://www.fpcnational.com.

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Visit website