Oakland, CA (PRWEB) July 28, 2008
PR and marketing professionals who want to learn new online practices for reinventing traditional press releases and boosting impressions, will discover inside strategies at a new audio conference from Bulldog Reporter's PR University. Attendees will come away with actionable steps on how to use a "social media press release" format that helps increase visibility online and in traditional media.
This exclusive, dial in PR University audio conference takes place on Thursday, August 7th, at 1PM EDT (noon, CDT, 11AM MDT; 10AM PDT). It features a panel of four tech-savvy PR veterans representing some of the most recognized companies on the forefront of PR technology:
- Patrick Darling, Online Media Relations Manager, Intel
- Brian Solis, Principal, FutureWorks PR
- Paul Furiga, ABC, President, WordWrite Communications
- Sarah Skeric, Vice President, Distribution Services, PR Newswire
This 90-minute interactive call will give public relations professionals a workable blueprint for crafting "smart releases"--and a practical guide for incorporating new media techniques such as SEO, RSS feeds, digg, del.icio.us and even track-backs into their PR writing and communications programs for greater reach and results. PR practitioners will discover a range of both cutting-edge and venerable strategies for composing breakout releases that vibrate with energy and boost placement. Here are some of the practical and immediately-applicable techniques attendees will cover in this audio conference:
- New Paradigms & Possibilities: How SEO, video, audio, photos, multimedia, social network sharing and social media feedback mechanisms can increase your news' "findability" and online footprint
- Anatomy of Superior Press Releases: Blueprints and proven templates for successful traditional and non-traditional "smart" releases
- SEO Fundamentals: How to conduct keyword research--plus online tools and new techniques for finding your company or brand's keyword sweet spot
- Word counts, hyperlinks, headline writing rules and other SEO guidelines for optimizing press release copy without alienating readers
- Social Media Tools and Templates: What a social media news release is (and isn't) and how it differs from a traditional press release
- Real-life examples and secrets of successful social media news releases
Attendance at Bulldog Reporter's PR University audio conference costs $299 per telephone site. Participants in the 90-minute call will be able to pose specific questions for the panelists at several junctures during the discussion. Attendees of PRU University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual and a full transcript. For more information on taking part in the event, go to our conference home page or phone toll free: 1-800-959-1059.
# # #