Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) July 30, 2008
Marley Majcher, Founder and CEO of The Party Goddess! (http://www.thepartygoddess.com), has important tips about planning a great baby shower without breaking the bank.
Here are some notable facts:
- American women are having an average of three baby showers, which have surpassed wedding showers as the blowout gift-giving event.
- Most showers are now held about two-four weeks before the due date with even men and children included in the festivities.
- 52% reported clients booking events on Fridays and Sundays to avoid premium pricing.
So can you throw a real bash on a budget even if you're feeling the squeeze? Marley offers these invaluable tips:
1. Think multi-purpose - make every aspect of your event work double time: Centerpieces double as favors, favors act as place cards, etc.
2. Have your activities result in gifts Mom can take home. (Decorate onesies with paint or iron on transfers)
3. Make a list of everything you can to customize your party so you can get the biggest bang for your buck. (Use cloth diapers as napkins, pacifiers as napkin rings.)
4. Divide up attendees into event teams depending on how many people are coming: Think décor, food, beverages, games, setup and cleanup so the hostess isn't stuck with all of the work.
5. Use an Excel spreadsheet (or a calculator) and actually add things up! Seeing figures in black and white ahead of time makes it much easier to nip and tuck.
"Is there anything more exciting than celebrating the birth of a new baby? It'd be hard to imagine, but throwing a wet blanket of a shower absolutely isn't fun, no matter how adorable the blanket. So, just because the economy is suffering, does that mean that you and your friends have to be miserable as well? Of course not! We've got plenty of tips and tricks to keep you and your pals feeling nothing less than giddy," states Majcher.
Speeches and Event Planning
Marley frequently speaks before various professional organizations, offering her patented guidance about event planning and entrepreneurial success.
About The Party Goddess!
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Party Goddess! events/clients include Katherine Heigl, Snoop Dogg, the opening of the Hollywood Bowl with Stevie Wonder and Bonnie Raitt, the Critics' Choice Awards honoring Harrison Ford and featuring Christina Applegate and Jennifer Connolly, Keyshawn Johnson's Birthday Party and launches for the Porsche Carrera and Bentley automobiles. Clients include Cesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer), Earthlink, Cedars-Sinai, Georgetown University, Art Center College of Design, Rusnak Automotive Group, San Diego Polo Club, See's Candies, Cal Tech and Whole Foods Market.