This is a truly exciting time for the Society and we are thrilled with this year's programme, which offers more than ever and promises to delight our guests.
Edinburgh, UK (PRWEB) August 4, 2008
Festival fever is set to rise as The Scotch Malt Whisky Society unveils its unmissable programme of events, which will give everyone a wee taste of Festival 'spirit'! The Festival is an exciting time for the Society, as it's one of the few times of the year that it opens its doors and bottles to everyone (over 18 of course!).
This year, the Society's programme of events is its most adventurous yet - so whether you're serious about whisky, you're curious to learn more, or you're simply looking for a tranquil haven in the city to escape to, the Society guarantees to offer something for everyone.
The Society's 'Whisky with…' programme of events will run throughout the Festival at its two members' rooms in Edinburgh - the Society's original home, The Vaults in Leith, and its Georgian town house at 28 Queen Street, which is also home to the exquisite Dining Room restaurant.
This exciting programme includes the following:
- Whisky walking tours around Leith, which bring to life the history of the whisky trade in the area and finish with a special tasting at The Vaults.
- The Society's esteemed chef, James Freeman, will provide an exciting insight into the art of cooking with whisky at his food demos and he will also indulge guests with a luxury four-course meal created using fresh ingredients sourced from within a 30-mile radius of Edinburgh at the 'Made in Edinburgh' dinner.
- Tutored whisky tasting where guests can learn just what makes the Society one of a kind, and where they will have the chance to sample three of its finest single cask, single malt whiskies.
- For music enthusiasts there will be music nights every Monday at The Vaults, with everything from jazz to folk, where guests can soak up the atmosphere and relax with a dram.
- The Society's traditional Scottish ceilidh promises to entertain guests with a mix of storytelling, poetry, music and dancing, along with the chance to sample two of the special Festival bottlings and a light supper.
Paul Miles, managing director of The Scotch Malt Whisky Society, said: "This is a truly exciting time for the Society and we are thrilled with this year's programme, which offers more than ever and promises to delight our guests. "The Festival attracts visitors from across the globe and we look forward to welcoming them, along with our current members, to the Society to sample our one of a kind experience."
To fully experience the Society, guests will also receive a special Festival Pass when they buy a ticket to one of the Festival events, allowing one-day access to the Society's exclusive Members' Rooms and, of course, the widest selection of single cask, single malt whisky in the world. If guests like what they see (and taste!) and decide to become a Society member, the ticket price will be subtracted from the cost of membership.
Existing members of the Society will enjoy reduced ticket prices at all the Festival events and there are also some exclusive members-only events running throughout August.
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is a membership organisation which offers the widest selection of single cask, single malt whiskies available. The Society unites whisky and whisky lovers across the world in a variety of engaging, informative and entertaining environments to encourage the appreciation of the finest malts.
For more information about the Festival programme and to buy tickets, please call The Scotch Malt Whisky Society on 0131 555 2929 (Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4.45 pm) or visit http://www.smws.co.uk
About The Scotch Malt Whisky Society
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society started 25 years ago when a group of discerning friends shared the price of a single cask of fine malt whisky. Today the Society continues to bottle only single casks from a range of 125 malt whisky distilleries. Only the very best single cask, single malt whisky is selected, having been approved by the Society's Tasting Panel. Over 26,000 individuals worldwide enjoy the many pleasures and benefits of Scotch Malt Whisky Society Membership.