Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) August 5, 2008
Compete-At, the leading innovator of sport event management software, today announced a partnership agreement with Curl BC, the governing curling association in British Columbia that oversees 91 clubs and approximately 30,000 members, to provide an end-to-end sport event and member management platform for all regional, inter-regional, and provincial Playdowns.
Curl BC will use Compete-At's comprehensive Event Management and Membership Management platforms to run its events and manage its member organization. Using Compete-At's software, Curl BC will be able to minimize the paperwork and administrative tasks of their events by offering online registration to playdown participants, integrating scoring and results postings, and customizing entry requirements amongst other key benefits. Compete-At's Membership Management platform will provide easier organizational management by enabling online registration and registrant communications via an Email notification engine. Furthermore, Compete-At's product suite is accessible from anywhere using a web browser, thus empowering and increasing the efficiency of users by allowing them to work when it is convenient for them.
Registrants of Curl BC will receive a Compete-At Passport Profile account at no cost. Passport allows Curl BC members to manage their competitive profile securely online, maintain a history of past events, store required entry documentation, and register for playdowns. With just a few clicks, athletes can register for events on Curl BC's website, Compete-At's website or any club's website using Event Manager.
"As the governing organization for the curling clubs of British Columbia, it is crucial for us to be able to manage our events and member clubs easily and effectively," said Terry Vandale, Curl BC President. "Compete-At provides us with a comprehensive, turnkey solution to the administrative side of managing our events so that we can focus on the actual competitions and ensure that they run smoothly. It also gives us instant online event registration capabilities. The Membership Management platform will help us to oversee and organize the 30,000 members in our group and provide us with valuable insight as to the growth of the organization from the top down."
"Compete-At is thrilled to be partnering with Curl BC," said David Ross, Chief Executive Officer Compete-At. "Compete-At is currently providing robust technology solutions to numerous curling associations and clubs including Curl NOCA and USA Curling. The addition of Curl BC can only help drive more innovation and technology advancements into our product suite, which in turn benefits all curling associations and clubs."
Curl BC is extending the benefits of this partnership to all member facilities by providing the Event Manager and Member Management solutions for them to use as well. Each club, regardless of size, now has robust and proven technology at their disposal to manage events and members, accept online entries, build club websites and even sell club apparel. There will be no up-front costs to any club and no IT resources needed. A discounted rate for both Membership Manager and Event Manager will be communicated to all Curl BC member facilities in the coming months.
About the Compete-At Event Management Platform
Compete-At Event Manager is a secure online platform tailored to meet the unique planning needs of competitive sports like curling. Unlike "league based" or one-size-fits-all solutions, Event Manager is specifically designed and tailored to alleviate the headaches of event management while handling all sport specific disciplines at local, regional and international levels.
Event Manger Key Features
- Custom Built for Curling -- Unlike most online sport management solutions, Event Manager is custom designed to meet the unique needs of curling.
- E-Commerce Ready for Multiple Currencies -- The system currently runs in USD, CAD, EUR, GPB, AUD, and NZD.
- No IT Support Needed - The system is 100% hosted on high-speed secure servers. There is nothing to download or install.
- Customize Entry Requirements for Each Event -- For each event, the organizer dictates what is needed from each athlete. The event organizer can also decide whether they want to review each entry or let the system approve them.
- Roles & Responsibilities -- For each event, the event organizer establishes the logistics of the event support staff. Event Manager allows for the ability to assign varying access rights to staff and volunteers based on needs and security.
- Integrated Scoring & Results Posting -- The system integrates or accepts uploads from many industry-scoring packages.
- Clone Any Event -- Most event organizers run the same events year after year. To save time, event administrators can simply clone a previous event.
- Report on Finances and Measure ROI -- By establishing an event budget with custom fields, the system will provide the financial reports to show the event's profitability.
- Upload Pictures -- Event Manager allows event organizers to easily create photo galleries. This simple act enhances the event experience and increases web traffic for better analytics and greater sponsorship potential.
- Email Important Event Info or Reminders -- Built into the system is a tool to notify registrants of important dates, fees or deadlines to fulfill event requirements.
Membership Manager Key Features
- Online Member Sign-up & Renewals -- The system provides members with the convenience of signing up or renewing online.
- Surveys -- Customize and build online surveys or members
- Online Elections -- Customize and build online elections or members
- Customize for Your Organization -- Customize the member fields and roles and responsibilities to meet the unique needs of Curl BC.
- E-commerce Ready in Multiple Currencies -- The system handles all the credit card transactions for the organization in multiple currencies.
- Report -- Simple reporting functionality gives organizations access to their membership database.
- Email Notifications -- Set up Email notifications to prompt members to renewal or to send personal announcements to a select group of members.
- Empower Your Volunteers -- Because it's a 100% web based system, volunteers can easily access and work with the system when and where it's convenient for them.
- Free Support for Members -- If for some reason members have technical issues, Compete-At provides the front-line of support.
- Decrease Administrative Tasks -- Registrants maintain their own profiles and any changes are passed up to the organization's view in real-time.
About the Compete-At Passport Product
The Compete-At Passport is a secure user account for managing profile information, maintaining a history of past events and storing required entry documentation to allow for quick and simple online registration. Once a curler has created a Passport Account, registering for any event is a simple process by which the stored profile information is ported over to the event registration forms making sure to pass only the information necessary for that event.
About Curl BC
Curl BC is an association responsible for curling programs and services in British Columbia. Curl BC is made up of 91 clubs and over 30,000 curlers in the province of BC. For more information visit http://curlbc.ca.
Compete-At.com is the sport event management expert providing tailored solutions to meet the unique needs of individual sports and disciplines. The Compete-At product suite helps National Governing Bodies, sport event organizers and athletes to coordinate, promote, and manage events through a robust, yet easy to use online system. For more information visit http://www.Compete-At.com
# # #