We also changed a couple of the technologies that became obsolete so we could maintain forward compatibility as best as possible and increase performance.
Bucharest, Romania (PRWEB) August 6, 2008
Amorphys Design announces the release of the 3.0 version of the award winning Site-Vault website backup software that ads a range of very useful features to the already successful software. This version change brings not only bug fixes but also core changes to optimize performance and a better and faster interface to guide the users through the complex backup setup steps.
"Most of the new features were requested by users who needed them in their daily routine. We talked to them, reviewed the situation and tried to come up with the best solutions for their needs. They tested them and were very happy with the new product, as well as our level of support." commented Alex Stanciu, the project manager in charge of Site-Vault development. "We also changed a couple of the technologies that became obsolete so we could maintain forward compatibility as best as possible and increase performance." he added.
Aside from some minor bug fixes Site-Vault 3.0 comes with a full set of exciting new features:
- Added support for SFTP (Secure FTP) connections, improved FTP connections.
- Added active mode for FTP connections (only passive was available before).
- Ability to add more than a FTP path or a database to the backup.
- FTP exclude list (any folders or files) and SQL exclude list (any database or table).
- Ability to restore only FTP data or only SQL data or only SQL data without the structure (records only).
- Get SQL Dump feature that enables the generation of one big file from multiple SQL tables or databases.
- Better multithreading and migrated to .NET 2.0 - 3.5 in order to be fully compatible with Windows Vista.
- Schedule is now using the Windows Schedule Management allowing to the computer to wake up from stand by or hibernate to start the backup.
- DBF files were replaced by SQLite Database solution (for keeping information about the backed up files).
- Ability to archive SQL backups (as ZIP) reducing size by a factor of 8 on average.
- Built in wizard that allows the user to create backup sites very fast.
- Automatic cleanup of older backups.
- Added ability for Site-Vault to minimize to the system tray.
The full version of Site-Vault backup software is available only for the month of August at a special price of $59. A free 30 day trial version is also available at http://www.site-vault.com SiteVault. Current owners of Site-Vault will be able to upgrade for free as usual. Please visit the presentation site for more information.
About Amorphys Design
Amorphys Design, a web development and design company, implements and integrates complex solutions for prestigious international companies. Well known for the ShopIT e-commerce platform, Amorphys decided to fill a market gap with the Site-Vault backup product and helped thousands of webmasters having a perfect control of the backup routine with the simple "setup & forget" philosophy. More details about Amorphys you can find on the website.