Delivering on-demand remote support helps support organizations better meet their growing needs for flexibility and streamlined operations
Woburn, Mass. (PRWEB) August 5, 2008
LogMeIn announced today the release of a standardized set of web services that provide support technicians with the ability to streamline processes and increase their speed and effectiveness.
The release of this Application Programming Interface (API) enables LogMeIn's award-winning on-demand support tool, LogMeIn Rescue, to be easily integrated into existing helpdesk, CRM and support management systems.
LogMeIn Rescue is a web-based support tool that enables helpdesk representatives and IT professionals to access, diagnose and repair a remote computer without any need for pre-installed software on the target system.
LogMeIn Rescue's new integration services provide IT and support organizations access to both their remote support service and their session data through a set of standard web services accessible via SOAP, HTTP GET and HTTP POST methods. Users can now easily connect onsite systems and legacy IT support applications to LogMeIn Rescue.
"Delivering on-demand remote support helps support organizations better meet their growing needs for flexibility and streamlined operations," said Marton Anka, CTO, LogMeIn, Inc. "By offering our customers the ability to integrate LogMeIn Rescue with their existing applications, we can help them increase productivity and effectiveness, while lowering their costs of and improving the end-user support experience."
The API offers enhanced flexibility -- large organizations can use single sign-on integration or link Rescue support session information to current in-house helpdesk systems. Smaller users can display on their own website the status of technicians currently available for support.
Integration options include:
- Account-based: Helpdesk representatives can securely log into Rescue from other applications, effectively streamlining the support process.
- Session-based: Support technicians can easily start remote support sessions and access their Rescue session data from within other applications, whether it is a CRM or a custom ticketing solution. The ability for Rescue to seamlessly fit into the existing support process workflow saves time and increases productivity.
- Reporting-based: LogMeIn Rescue session data, survey results, chat log and performance data can be automatically pulled from the Rescue database and fed to other external applications. Being able to access and manage this data in one place can increase overall visibility across the support lifecycle, while also saving time and effort by support managers.
- Support managers can more effectively monitor their organization with integrated reporting capabilities.
- Helpdesk representatives can reduce the number of steps and manual data entry required during support calls, resulting in shorter call times and increased efficiency.
- Enterprise IT organizations can integrate internal systems and custom applications into their LogMeIn Rescue support solution for improved management, tracking and monitoring.
- Third-party independent software vendors (ISVs) can better meet customer needs around on-demand remote support by integrating with LogMeIn Rescue.
Pricing & Availability:
The LogMeIn Rescue API is now available to current LogMeIn Rescue subscribers at no additional cost. For more details, visit http://www.LogMeInRescue.com/Integration.
About LogMeIn Rescue:
LogMeIn Rescue is an on-demand, web-based remote support tool that allows a support professional to quickly and easily support end users and their computing devices, without pre-installing software. It is designed for organizations that provide remote support to employees and/or customers, including corporate software vendors, helpdesk personnel, IT consultants, internal enterprise IT departments, resellers, and companies that specialize in providing support.
About LogMeIn, Inc.:
LogMeIn is a leading provider of on-demand, remote-connectivity solutions to small and medium businesses, IT service providers and consumers. LogMeIn's products are deployed on demand and are accessible through a Web browser. The LogMeIn family includes LogMeIn Free®, LogMeIn Pro®, LogMeIn Ignition™, LogMeIn Rescue®, LogMeIn IT Reach®, LogMeIn Backup™, Remotely Anywhere®, LogMeIn Hamachi™ and LogMeIn Scout™. LogMeIn is based in Woburn, MA with European centers in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.