Collegeville, PA (PRWEB) August 6, 2008
After what seems like a flash, summer is nearly over. How can you make the feeling last? Keep your color! Le Jardin Day Spa and Salon (http://www.spalejardin.com), the most award-winning and credentialed spa in the Philadelphia-area, today announced tips for maintaining your summer color. Le Jardin voted a Top Day Spa in Montgomery County, PA five years in a row suggests ten things you can do today to keep summer hair, skin and nails healthy and youthful deep into fall.
1. Let Skin Breathe: Try to avoid using products with heavy filters and pore-clogging ingredients during the harsh days of summer. Mineral makeup allows skin to breathe on humid days. It acts as a chemical-free sun block, naturally shielding the skin against damaging UV light.
2. Bronze on the Sun: A light bronzer helps to extend your tan and maintain a healthy glow well into the chilly days of fall.
3. Re-direct Imperfection: Light diffusing make up deflects light away from the fine lines and wrinkles created by the unkind rays of the summer sun, or after cosmetic surgery, chemical peels, laser treatments, or for individuals who suffer from rosacea, acne, hyperpigmentation and other skin conditions. Avielle, Le Jardin's exclusive new line, offers a full range of light diffusing cosmetics.
4. Add Some Pop: Add some color to your toe and finger nails. A pop of summer color will make your skin look fresh and young. Deep reds, pinks and plums are great transition colors… they can take you from summer to fall seamlessly.
5. Don't Underestimate a Top Coat: Le Jardin's expert nail technicians recommend polishing your toes with a top coat of clear enamel before you head out to the beach on Labor Day weekend. This added layer of polish will protect your pedicure from the abrasive nature of sand and keep your color steadfast in to September.
6. SPF for Your Hair: Protect hair color with shampoo and conditioner that contains UV sunscreen, such as L'Oreal Sublime. It protects hair from harmful rays, moisturizes and resists fadeout to keep color looking vibrant way in to fall. Ask your stylist for a list of products that contain an SPF.
7. Condition All Day: Le Jardin suggests that you generously apply a leave-in conditioner, such as Icon-Sultry, to damp hair immediately after swimming or while sun-bathing to extend your color, and to prevent split ends.
8. Sunless Tanning: All self-tanners are not created equal. Regardless of how you feel about the sun… summer means we bare more skin. Along with the Good Housekeeping Institute, Le Jardin recommends using Fake Bake Self Tanning Crème.
9. Can't Bear the Heat: Avoid using very hot water when showering or washing your hair. Warm water always works best to dissolve soap and shampoo; hot water can actually make your hair limp and dry out your skin. In fact, try rinsing your hair with cool water when you're finished with your shower, it locks in a great shine and helps you maintain skin moisture.
10. Wrap-Up Summer Skin: The benefits from massages and body wraps, from Hot Stone to Sea Salt and Seaweed Glows, are endless and can keep you feeling like it is summer all year long. Massage and body wraps can reduce water retention, the appearance of cellulite, tension and muscle pain, as well as increase oxygen and blood flow throughout the body - keeping you feeling fresh, healthy, toned and invigorated throughout the year.
Le Jardin offers these tips, as well as free beauty consultations and complimentary health seminars to guests seeking wellness advice, products or services. Avielle, the spa's premiere line of exclusive mineral cosmetics, completes Le Jardin's wellness package.
Le Jardin strives, seven days a week, to provide the local community with a relaxing and elegant environment from which to receive the highest quality aesthetic services available. They have accomplished this by choosing exceptionally talented, certified professionals to perform state-of-the-art treatments which unify the body, mind and spirit. By creating harmony of these three elements, their customers live happier and healthier lives. With years of experience and continuing education, Le Jardin's dedicated staff is ready to serve the community and all of its needs--from a variety of massages, skincare, nail services, dynamic hair design as well as enhancements of facial features with the latest in cosmetics, and tips and trends for each season from their qualified beauty experts.
For more information on these tips or to purchase a gift certificate, contact Le Jardin Day Spa and Salon at http://www.spalejardin.com.
About Le Jardin Day Spa and Salon
Located in a beautifully restored Victorian mansion in the charming village of Collegeville, PA, Le Jardin (http://www.spalejardin.com), which opened its doors in 2003, is the area's leading day spa and salon. This beauty oasis offers a relaxing and elegant environment, as well as the highest quality aesthetic services on the market today. Boasting one of the most award-winning and exceptionally talented beauty professional teams available in the area, clients receive state-of-the-art treatments which unify the body, mind and spirit.
The spa offers services ranging from Hot Stone Massage and Peppermint Sea Twist Body Wraps to dynamic hair design, spa pedicures, specialized facial treatments and gift certificates. Avielle™, an exclusive line of mineral-based cosmetics, launched in summer 2008. Le Jardin is now open 7 days a week for the customer's convenience. For more information, visit http://www.spalejardin.com.