Seattle, WA (PRWEB) August 8, 2008
As part of its broader enterprise content management strategy, Vorsite today announces the release of a suite of enterprise search and content connection solutions that provide users with familiar and easy to use tools for collecting, organizing and sharing data across back-end systems.
Regardless of size, all companies accumulate a massive amount of content over time. Customers tell us they want simple tools that help them effectively manage information stored in multiple locations, enforce compliance policies and ensure that employees follow the required processes. The information people need in order to make smart decisions is scattered across multiple locations, such as e-mail attachments, notes, and the web, lists on individual desktops and sometimes on unsecured file servers.
Vorsite's technology is designed to enable collaboration and content control across back-end systems allowing companies to leverage the capabilities of their advanced enterprise content management platforms and the years of investments in processes, retention policies and compliance.
Vorsite's new search technology, ActiveResults for Microsoft SharePoint and EMC Documentum provides end-users with real-time access to secure content and the ability to take action on documents as you find them, such as e-mail, view properties, and send the document to another location, enhancing the value search delivers to enterprise customers.
"ActiveResults represents the latest chapter in our quest to provide the best enterprise document management and collaboration tools on the market," said Aaron Nettles, CEO of Vorsite. "ActiveResults can be used by each business group across an organization to reduce the time and effort needed to find relevant information needed to get work done."
Vorsite's partners have come to expect us to drive innovation because our founders were deeply involved in the development of enterprise solutions utilizing Microsoft SharePoint and Search technologies which redefined the way global companies manage and interact with their operational documents and data.
"The ActiveResults technology from Vorsite is a strong addition to the Microsoft Search Server 2008 Express offering," said Jared Spataro, Group Product Manager - Microsoft Search Server. "By enabling end-users direct document control capabilities into the back-end systems native to the result, the Actionable Results Connector provides value to enterprise search customers."
Vorsite also announces a new purchasing option which allows customers to purchase ActiveResults for Microsoft Search and EMC Documentum online at http://www.vorsite.com/howtobuy.aspx. To get more information, please contact Vorsite at sales @ vorsite.com, to speak to a knowledgeable account manager.
Vorsite Enterprise Productivity Suite for SharePoint:
The Vorsite Enterprise Productivity Suite for SharePoint enables you to search, collaborate, and exchange content across document repositories by integrating SharePoint with your advanced enterprise content management systems.
Here is an overview of the product offering:
- v-Pass for Documentum. The successor to VORSITE's Transfer Agent for Documentum has been designed to provide easy and complete transfer of file contents and metadata from SharePoint to Documentum Content Server, allowing companies to leverage the years of investments in processes, retention policies and compliance in their back-end systems. This feature allows content authors to save significant re-entry of metadata and ensures metadata accuracy and integrity between SharePoint and Documentum systems.
- v-Pass for FileNet. The successor to VORSITE's Transfer Agent for FileNet, enables SharePoint to connect to existing FileNet repositories to better manage content and mitigate compliance risk across the enterprise.
- v-Parts for Documentum. The successor to VORSITE's Web Parts Solution for Documentum provides users with easy personalized access to trusted content in Documentum repositories through the Microsoft SharePoint Portal, empowering users to manage and leverage content assets, which increases employees' productivity, while simplifying administration for IT managers.
Vorsite Enterprise Productivity Suite for Microsoft Search:
VORSITE's search technology connects authorized users to mission critical back-end systems and provides real-time access to secure content enabling IT to deliver true content lifecycle and compliance management. Here is an overview of the product offering:
- Vorsite Search Connectors - for EMC Documentum and IBM FileNet. The Vorsite Search Connectors make it easier for people to locate and retrieve relevant data. With the Search Connector, you can access the content stored in your Documentum or FileNet repository and SharePoint document library. Once indexed, the Vorsite Search Connector displays search results to users from within the familiar SharePoint interface.
- Vorsite Federated Search for EMC Documentum. Federated Search Connectors utilizes the SharePoint search engine and the Documentum or FileNet search engine to pass search queries to a target system and accept and display results returned from that system. Federated Search Connectors are the fastest and easiest way to perform a search query which is sent to both engines and the results are merged together in a single result set.
- ActiveResults for Microsoft SharePoint and EMC Documentum. VORSITE ActiveResults search technology provides end-users with real-time access to secure content and is driving innovation in scenarios that leverage Enterprise 2.0 as a platform for delivering up-to-date and relevant information across organizations. ActiveResults will also enhance the search experience by providing users the ability to take action on documents as they find them, such as email, view properties, and send the document to another location enhancing the value search delivers to enterprise customers.
Tight integration to Microsoft SharePoint has been a core Vorsite value since the company was founded back in 2000. Customers need solutions designed to enable collaboration and content control across back-end systems allowing them to leverage the capabilities of their advanced enterprise content management platforms and the years of investments in processes, retention policies and compliance. Vorsite's pioneering role in bridging the gap between SharePoint and advanced enterprise content management systems has given our developers, designers and services team, unsurpassed knowledge and experience needed to help customers get the most out of their knowledge management initiatives.
Vorsite is uniquely positioned to help you maximize your return on investment, by bridging the gap, through flexible, client-specific deployment and integration services.
Vorsite is the premier provider of leading enterprise-wide content management integration and search solutions that connect authorized users to business-critical information stored across back-end systems, and provides real-time access to secure content enabling IT to deliver true content lifecycle and compliance management.
Vorsite's technology connects end-users to content within the organization allowing users to collaborate within the context of the business process in which they are involved, while using the familiar user interface of SharePoint. In addition to their SharePoint deployment, many organizations want to implement a social networking solution to enable better collaboration and a new platform for delivering up-to-date and relevant information for the organization, while also providing a forum for increased levels of efficiency and collaboration. Vorsite is helping some of the world's most successful companies across the globe to derive significant value from Enterprise 2.0 technologies.
Vorsite has a proven track record built on over 100 custom SharePoint implementations for some of the most successful companies in the world.
For More Information (Press only): Contact Diane Gallagher, Vorsite Corp., 206-781-1797, press @ vorsite.com