Oakland, CA (PRWEB) August 10, 2008
PR and marketing professionals who want to learn what it takes to break into leading business media firsthand will discover practical media placement strategies at a new audio conference from Bulldog Reporter's PR University. Attendees will come away with proven techniques for improving their story pitches to top business editors and journalists. . . and dramatically boosting coverage, starting immediately.
This exclusive, dial in PR University audio conference takes place on Thursday, August 21st, at 1PM EDT (noon, CDT, 11AM MDT; 10AM PDT). Its' panel includes four leading editors and journalists from some of the nation's most renowned (and respected) business publications:
- Diane Brady, Senior Writer, BusinessWeek (circ. 933,566)
- Danielle Sacks, Staff Writer, Fast Company (circ. 731,991)
- Peter Benesh, Reporter, Investor's Business Daily (circ. 310,623)
- Julia Kirby, Senior Editor, Harvard Business Review (circ. 249,100)
This 90-minute interactive call will give public relations professionals actionable insights, tips and skills on how to score profiles, features and mentions in the nation's most influential business outlets. It will also address which trends, hooks and types of companies and executives are getting the attention of top business editors. Here are some of the practical and immediately applicable techniques attendees will cover in this audio conference:
- Web Trends: How 24/7 online coverage and social media are changing what and how the media reports--plus how PR can use this insight to break into leading business outlets
- Targeting essentials: How each of these business desks views its audience and mission--and how to use this exclusive insight to pitch more effectively
- Editorial hot buttons--the business trends, facts and angles you should pitch now
- Proven ways to break through the clutter: How to structure press materials for optimal impact, readability and pickup
- Best targets: Columns, profiles and even new Web features--the business page opportunities most receptive to PR input
- Pitching faux pas to avoid: The words and phrases you must banish from your pitching repertoire immediately
Attendance at Bulldog Reporter's PR University audio conference costs $299 per telephone site. Participants in the 90-minute call will be able to pose specific questions for the panelists at several junctures during the discussion. Attendees of PRU University conferences receive one credit toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an up-to-the-minute conference manual and a full transcript. For more information on taking part in the event, go to our conference home page or phone toll free: 1-800-959-1059.