Cochise County, AZ (PRWEB) August 9, 2008
Travelers to southeastern Arizona can enter to win a $50 gas card when they visit http://www.ExploreCochise.com and the site's new blog in August. The Cochise County Tourism Council recently redesigned its Web site. Travelers who visit the site before their travels can find out about diverse experiences in the county including Old West history and culture, birding, art and the outdoors.
The Tourism Council is offering the gas card promotion to introduce visitors to the updated site. To participate, entrants are asked to share their stories on the site's new blog as to why they want to come to Cochise County or why they already love the area. Winning entries will be selected by a random drawing.
The redesigned Web site features more than 25 new pages, giving visitors more in-depth information and links to help them plan their Cochise County getaway. The site's artwork offers a fresh graphical depiction of the county through images of rough-hewn wood, oxidized copper and Mexican tile.
Improved navigational tools include information on:
- Accommodations under the Legendary Getaways tab. Visitors can find information on bed & breakfast inns, guest ranches and other lodging choices in the county's unincorporated areas. They can also look for accommodations in Benson, Bisbee, Douglas, Sierra Vista, Tombstone and Willcox by clicking the community links at the bottom of the page.
- Activities and experiences under the Legendary Experiences tab. Drop down menus include birdwatching, golfing, vineyards, dark skies, Old West history, attractions and ghost towns.
- Themes that make Cochise County unlike any other place are described under the "Legendary Origins" tab. This section gives visitors a deeper understanding of the history and culture that give Cochise County its unique sense of place.
- A clickable map under the Legendary Communities tab will help orient visitors to each community's location within Cochise County. Visitors can find click through to each town's Web site for more information on individual communities.
- The Legendary Film tab provides location information and production service contacts.
Potential travelers to Cochise County are encouraged to open adventure's door at http://www.explorecochise.com and take a chance not only on winning a $50 gas card, but also on exploring Cochise County for a stress-free close-to-home getaway.
Located in southeastern Arizona, Cochise County is one of the most culturally, historically and geographically diverse areas in the American Southwest. Its legendary communities--Benson, Bisbee, Douglas, Tombstone, Sierra Vista and Willcox--were strategically located less than a day's journey by stagecoach and are now just a short drive from one another.
Visitors can call 1-800-862-5273 or visit explorecochise.com for a free brochure.
Media Contact: Luanne Mattson, 602-374-4371