London, UK (PRWEB) August 13, 2008
Once in a while, we could all use a bit of a facelift, so when it comes to lifting the face of technology, the rules are no different. Cheapflights.co.uk, the pioneer of flight search and comparison, now in its 12th year of operations, has taken its highly successful business to the next level, performing a massive overhaul of both the front and back end of its website. However, unlike the facelifts performed on humans, this new look is more than just cosmetic.
Francesca Ecsery, General Manager of Cheapflights.co.uk, comments in saying, "The new website represents so much more than an aesthetic redesign. The revamp has enhanced both the front and back end of the site, delivering new functionality, rapid ease of access to deals and tremendous additional proprietary content. We believe users will find it to be a highly improved, powerful travel search tool, which is packed with information and all kinds of useful travel tips and tricks to help prep them for their journey and even help them decide where to visit. It really is like your own virtual tour guide."
Here is a sneak preview of the many new features:
- Travel guides - More than 450 written by in-house experts packed full of useful information you can't get anywhere else
- Airline guides - Information on check-in, baggage, passenger change details, child fares, senior fares, pets, carrying musical instruments, in-flight service, air miles, airline food link, in-flight magazine, airline alliances, telephone, website
- Airport guides - Information on driving directions, car rentals, getting into town, airport facilities, airport disabled facilities, airport conference and business facilities
- Enhanced dynamic search - No more worries about having to spell your departure and arrival points, simply type in the first three letters of the name and Cheapflights pulls up all of the locations starting with those letters
- New fare filters - The site enables consumers to refine their search by filtering by date (including by peak/off peak seasons and specific months), by price, by event (type in Beijing and pull up Olympics), and by supplier
- Handpicked deals - The latest hot picks from our travel experts including the very best picks on last minute deals, holidays, travel insurance and so on positioned across the entire site including destination guide pages so wherever the consumer goes, the best deals follow
- Search memory - The site remembers the last five destinations searched enabling consumers to return to a particular destination page's deals and other destination tabs without having to re-enter information
Cheapflights UK pioneered flight price comparison in 1996 and today boasts more than three million unique users per month in the UK alone. Having completely refined its physical appearance as well as its functionality, the new UK site offers a wealth of new features, providing a more dynamic, personalized experience for the user.