(PRWEB) August 16, 2008
Seoul City is hosting the "Seoul Grand Sale 2008" for 40 days starting from July 19 through August 31. Numerous shopping, accommodations, restaurants, and travel businesses in Seoul will participate.
Unlike other city-wide sales in Asia focused solely on shopping, Seoul will offer discount opportunities in all areas including travel, accommodations, food and transportation. A trip to Seoul this summer is sure to provide the utmost satisfaction, whether you are a shopping addict who will fly anywhere for a good buy or a seasoned traveler looking to spend your money wisely.
Some 25 cultural events and performances will also be offered during the Seoul Grand Sale. Some of these include the Han River Festival, Light Festival in Mt. Namsan, Hanryu Festival and Palace Musical, all of which are sure to offer dynamic experiences for Seoul citizens and foreign tourists alike.
Some 25 amazing cultural events for the whole family to enjoy during the Seoul Grand Sale!
- "Miracle of the Han River, Arisoo Festival" and six events along the Han River
- "Light Event Festival" and "Traditional Performances at Namsangol Hanok (Traditional) Village at Mt. Namsan
- "Korean Wave Festival" and 15 events in downtown Seoul
- 15 performances and exhibitions at Seoul Museum of Art, Seoul Museum of History, National Museum of Korea, National Palace Museum of Korea, and the Sejong Center
In the thriving shopping areas of Dongdaemun, Myeongdong, Namdaemun, Itaewon and Jongno-Cheonggye, shops will offer up to 70 percent discounts on clothes, shoes, accessories, ginseng and eyeglasses. Duty free shops and premium outlets are planning big sales on various goods including luxury fashion items and cosmetics.
- Korea Tourism Organization DFS, Donghwa DFS, Lotte DFS (main store, Jamshil, Incheon Airport), Shilla DFS, Walkerhill DFS, AK DFS (Incheon Airport, Kimpo Airport, COEX)
- Lotte Department Store, Shinsegae Department Store, Hyundai i-Park Mall, Doota, Hello apM, Migliore
- Souvenir shops, COEX Design Gallery, Global Refund Korea
Over 40 tourist hotels will offer great discount prices during the Seoul Grand Sale. More affordable choices include Innostels, with guest rooms at approximately US$30 per night. Tourists can also enjoy discounts for accommodations designated as Good Stay and Benikea.
Take advantage of Grand Sale coupons when visiting famous Korean restaurants and tourist restaurants to get discounts, free drinks, and free deserts.
Fabulous Korean restaurants, Han Food Zone in Bukchang-dong and tourist restaurants
The four most popular palaces, the Seoul Museum of Art and the Seoul Museum of History will all offer special free admission tickets to tourists. N Seoul Tower, three major theme parks, pleasure boats, and water taxis will offer discounts for coupon users.
Seoul has very convenient public transportation, and visitors can use a transportation card and the City Tour Bus service at a discount price. Discount coupons for airport buses from Incheon International Airport to Seoul will also be available.
(Please log on to http://www.seoulgrandsale.com for more information) Aug. 13. 2008
Tourism Promotion Division
Department of Urban Competitiveness
Email: senglish @ visitseoul.net