2007: Facing a Year of Uncertainty
Past News ReleasesRSS
Itasca, Ill (PRWEB) August 19, 2008
Putman Media, Inc. (http://www.putman.net), a privately held business-to-business media firm with 70 years of experience serving manufacturing communities, has been bestowed with 17 awards from the 2008 American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE) Azbee Awards and the 2008 Awards for Publication Excellence (APEX) for outstanding achievement in publishing. These awards honor Putman's magazines for editorial, graphic and strategic excellence.
The Journal from Rockwell Automation and Our Partners won the 2008 APEX Awards for "Best Custom-Published Magazines & Journals" and for "Cover Design" - December 2007 issue. The "Best Custom-Published Magazines & Journals" prize recognizes the magazine as a whole for content, design, fulfillment of its mission for the customer and overall quality.
Magazines that received 2008 ASBPE National Azbee Awards include:
- Control Design, Honorable Mention for Magazine of the Year, Under 80,000 Circulation. Control Design is dedicated to the special information needs of industrial machine builders.
- Food Processing won the Silver Award for "Life on Mars" by Editor-in-Chief Dave Fusaro, December 2007, Individual/Organization Profile, Under 80,000 Circulation. Food Processing is dedicated to the food and beverage industry.
- For Regular Column, Staff Written, Under 80,000 Circulation, Control magazine Executive Editor Jim Montague, Silver Award for "Control Report," May and December 2007 issues. Control serves users of control, instrumentation and automation technologies.
National Azbee design honors were bestowed to:
- The Journal from Rockwell Automation and Our Partners, a bimonthly custom magazine published for Rockwell Automation: Gold Award for "Stand Out From the Crowd," Cover, December 2007 issue, Under 80,000 Circulation.
- The Journal also won the Silver Award for Table of Contents Page or Pages, June 2007 issue, Under 80,000 Circulation.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, devoted exclusively to help drug industry professionals: Silver Award for "2007: Facing a Year of Uncertainty," Cover, February 2007 issue, Under 80,000 Circulation.
Magazines that received 2008 ASBPE Regional Azbee Awards include for editorial excellence include:
- Editor-in-Chief Paul Studebaker of Plant Services, Bronze Award, Editorial/Editor's Letter, 80,000 or More Circulation, "From the Editor," March and September 2007 issues. Plant Services is dedicated to excellence in maintenance, reliability and asset management
- Plant Services, Gold Award, Regular Column Contributed, 80,000 or More Circulation, "Crisis Corner" by Joel Leonard, March and May 2007 issue.
- Plant Services, Silver Award, Regular Column Contributed, 80,000 or More Circulation, "Energy Expert" by Peter Garforth, June and December 2007 issues.
- Chemical Processing, covering U.S. chemical manufacturing processing operations, won the Silver Award for How-To Article, Under 80,000 Circulation, "Properly install column internals" by Editor-in-Chief Mark Rosenzweig, Managing Editor Ken Schnepf and Art Director Derek Chamberlain.
2008 ASBPE Azbee Regional design awards include:
- Chemical Processing, Gold Award, Front Cover - Photo, Under 80,000 Circulation, for "Chemical Industry Sees Green," January 2007 issue.
- Wellness Foods, a bimonthly magazine providing the wellness foods and beverages market with information about ingredients, regulations, formulation and more, won the Silver Award, Opening Page/Spread - Computer Generated, Under 80,000 Circulation, "Heart Healthy Naturally," February 2007 issue.
- Control, Gold Award, Opening Page/Spread - Photo, Under 80,000 Circulation, "Built to Last," February 2007 issue
- Food Processing, Silver Award, Opening Page/Spread - Photo, Under 80,000 Circulation, "Your Prime Choice," February 2007 issue.
- Plant Services, Gold Award, Opening Page/Spread - Photo, 80,000 or More Circulation, "To the last byte," April 2007 issue.
About Putman Media, Inc.
Putman Media, Inc. (http://www.putman.net) strives to be an exceptional media company as judged by the communities it serves. Putman consistently delivers unique, relevant and integrated media services and solutions that enable its customers to compete in an aggressive, high-speed environment. Its titles include Plant Services, Chemical Processing, Control, Control Design, Industrial Networking, Food Processing, Wellness Foods, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and http://www.KnowPharma.com, and The Journal from Rockwell Automation and Our Partners.
About the American Society of Business Press Editors
The ASBPE (http://www.asbpe.org) is the professional association for full-time and freelance editors and writers employed in the business, trade and specialty press.
About the APEX Awards
Sponsored by the editors of the Writing That Works, a division of Communications Concepts, Inc., the APEX Awards (http://www.apexawards.com) is an annual international competition for writers, editors, publications staff and business and nonprofit communicators. The APEX Awards honor excellence in corporate communications.