Miami, FL (PRWEB) August 18, 2008
The Gulf Coast Terrorism Prevention Conference, a must-attend event, held annually in conjunction with Security Solutions International (SSI), the leader in Homeland Security will take place on September 15th - 19th in Sarasota, Florida. Hosted by the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office and sponsored by the FBI Criminal Justices Information Services Division, Detica, Universal Detection Technology and Saint Leo University, the conference will feature an eclectic and comprehensive program to be presented by leading security experts from the US and Israel.
The conference will kick off on Monday (September 15th) with opening remarks by Sarasota Sheriff, William F. Balkwill. Mr. Solomon Bradman, CEO and co-founder of SSI, will introduce and highlight today's security issues. The Building Safety and Security Engineering session will be presented by a special guest speaker, a veteran of Israeli intelligence and security.
Tuesday's (September 16th) agenda includes a morning session on Defining the Suicide Bombing Threat with emphasis on suicide bombing attacks; information collection, indications and warnings; common sources of counter-terrorist protective information; and the exploration of the use of deadly force. In the afternoon, The Virginia Tech Incident and School Safety session will examine missed indicators, and methods to improve school security and response.
Aviation and Security opens Wednesday (September 17th) with a detailed portrayal of airports and security problems; the Israeli model of aviation security; and Israeli methods for predictive profiling. The afternoon session, Threat to Commercial Airports, will cover active shooters; terrorist attacks; working with partners; and methods to combat threats.
Thursday (September 18th) marks Technology Day--Technology against Terror. Qualified experts, representing leading organizations, will present cutting edge technologies used to combat terror.
Among the representative companies:
- Universal Detection Technology (UNDT) develops early warning monitoring technologies for protection against terror threats including spore detection technology for monitoring anthrax levels in lieu of possible attack.
- RADeCo specializes in the manufacturing of air sampling instrumentation and supplies safety products to the military, first responder organizations, the Department of Energy and commercial nuclear power plants worldwide.
- Cell Antenna solves cellular communication problems worldwide via custom designed repeaters for large and multi-story buildings.
- Ahura Scientific is a rapidly growing manufacturer of unique and innovative handheld optical systems for chemical identification--designed for customers in homeland security, public safety, pharmaceutical, industrial and medical markets fields.
- Tac Pack develops trauma packs, essential in saving lives, for various federal and local law enforcement agencies, and the general public.
- High Rise Escape distributes high rise escape systems (escape packs) for escaping fires, natural disasters or acts of terrorism.
- General Physics Corporation (GP) is a single-source provider of performance improvement services and products, combining best practices, proven expertise and innovative thought for training, training outsourcing, homeland security, engineering and technical issues.
- Technon markets a line of defensive and protective products including masks, expandable cabinet shelters, survival ponchos and trauma packs.
- Detica (TRIPwire), the technical resource for incident prevention, is DHS's online, collaborative, information-sharing network for bomb squad, law enforcement, first responders and other emergency services personnel to anticipate, identify and prevent IED incidents.
- Secure Search (Canada) is committed to creating a safer and more secure workplace and living environment through the responsible use and dissemination of information via the ability to search and locate public, private and shared content across Web servers, databases, files, IMAP email, document management systems, applications and portals.
The Allah in America seminar scheduled for Friday (September 19th) will examine and discuss the upsurge of Islam in relation to Islamic history and its effect on radicals; the Shiite and Sunni divide; Jihad's legal wing; and tactics used by the Jihad in America. Summing up the session, an outline will be presented conveying what each of us can do to "fight back."
Not to be missed, this conference addresses today's pertinent security issues and proposes various methods to prevent and combat the devastating impact of terror activities.
SSI - The leader in Homeland Security:
- Leading training company - more than 500 agencies trained
- Leader in global best practices training - 12 training missions to Israel
- Publisher of the Electronic and print magazine the "Counter Terrorist"
- Specialized Intelligence services based on Open Source Intel and analysis
- Providing other companies with the SSI media group - a collection of web sites, print and electronic media that enables you to reach the Homeland Security decision maker
- Champion of democratic processes - founder of the non-profit organization, "Protecting the Homeland", to counteract Islamic extremism masked under the exploitation of civil liberties
Are You a Potential Victim of Lawfare?
SSI's non-profit organization, "Protecting the Homeland", is our newest initiative in championing democratic processes. In the dynamic arena for counteracting Islamic extremism masked under the exploitation of civil liberties, many have fallen victim to Lawfare--the formula is predictable. So-called anti-terrorist organizations, aligned with Islamic extremism, blatantly abuse the laws, freedoms and loopholes of the most liberal nation on earth to help finance and direct the world's most violent international terrorism cells.
The "Protecting the Homeland" organization charter embodies two main objectives: ceaseless dedication in counter-acting Islamic radicals who repeatedly attempt to threaten our constitutional freedoms, and channeling funds to educate US First Responders through sponsorship of training programs in the USA and Israel.
To learn more about your constitutional rights and protecting the homeland, visit http://www.protectingthehomeland.org
Copyright © 2008 Security Solutions International; all rights reserved.
For more information contact:
Security Solutions International
Telephone: (866) 573-3999
Fax: (786) 573-2090
Mobile: (305) 401-6906
# # #