Dublin, Ireland (PRWEB) August 18, 2008
The race for gold and the €5,000 top prize is still wide open with 30 events still to play at the Devilympics on DevilfishPoker.com. Players can still enter the race for a medal and be confident the current top three can still be easily over hauled -- 50 points are available to each player each day and just 12 points separate the top five players.
The current leader board is:
1. Olipizer36 (UK) -- 83 points
2. Delfinu (Romania) -- 77 points
3. CammyKaze (UK) -- 74 points
4. Bottoni238 (Finland) -- 73 points
5. iogtabigPP -- 71 points
6. MrVyts (Lithuania) -- 67 points
7. BThafish (Canada) -- 56 points
8. DMTRX (UK) -- 52 points
9. Sweetspew (Ireland) -- 52 points
10. WilcoDP2 (Netherlands)-- 43 points
Taking place at the same time as the Olympics in Beijing, the Devilympics offers poker players 5 events each day over 15 days with €20,000 added to the total prize pool as players vie on the Devilympics Leader Board for Gold (€5,000), Silver (€3,000), and Bronze (€2,000) medals.
Medals and Points:
Each player who makes the final table of any of the Devilympics tournaments (excluding the opening and closing freerolls) will earn the following points:
- Gold (1st place) 10 points
- Silver (2nd place) 6 points
- Bronze (3rd place) 4 points
- 4th-9th place 1 point each
The top three players who have earned the most points at the end of the 75 events take home Gold, Silver, and Bronze and the corresponding prize money.
This thrilling jamboree of poker kicked off with an Opening Ceremony Freeroll for €1,000 on August 8th with a €250 bounty on poker Olympian Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott's head. Since then players then settle into a marathon 15 days of tournaments each with €100 added to the prize pool. The Devilympics culminates with a €1,000 Closing Ceremony Freeroll on August 24th with another €250 bounty on poker legend Devilfish.
Devilympics Tournament Schedule:
- 8th August: 8.30 p.m. - Opening Ceremony €1,000 Freeroll with €250 Bounty on Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott
9th - 23rd August:
- 6:30pm* €10 buy-in Freezeout €100 Added
- 7:30pm €5 buy-in Rebuy €100 Added
- 8:30pm €10 buy-in Freezeout €100 Added
- 9:30pm €5 buy-in Rebuy €100 Added
- 10:30pm €10 buy-in Freezeout €100 Added
24th August: 8.30 p.m. - Closing Ceremony €1,000 Freeroll with €250 Bounty on Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott
*All times BST (CET -1)
The Medals Race:
Players can keep track of the Leader Board at http.://Devilfish Poker as well as following which countries are performing the best over the course of the Devilympics.
About Devilfish Gaming PLC:
Devilfish Gaming PLC takes its name from the well known poker professional David "Devilfish" Ulliott, who is active in promoting the business. Ulliott is one of Europe's best known and most recognised poker players and in 2007 had his most successful year ever on the poker tournament circuit leading to his winning the prestigious Card Player European Player of the Year award. The company is publicly quoted, having floated on London's PLUS market in March 2008. The company does not accept wagers from the U.S.A.
For further information please contact brendan @ devilfishgaming.com.