Safety Harbor, FL (PRWEB) August 19, 2008
For home based business people in the travel industry, work means "paycations" and a low-stress "commute" from the kitchen to the home office. It's a utopian scene - and it's one that 200,000 distributors of Your Travel Biz (YTB) are now possibly having taken away. Thankfully, home travel businesses like Platinum One Destinations and its parent company, NetTrav Inc., are standing tall despite the travel industry's latest shake-up.
The LA Times reported in early August that the Attorney General for the State of California recently filed a $25 million dollar lawsuit against the popular home travel business Your Travel Biz (YTB) for being an illegal pyramid scheme. The lawsuit, which is still pending, claims that 62% of its 200,000 members did not generate any travel dollars at all, and the LA Times reported that the organization had recently lost its International Airlines Travel Agent Network Accreditation (IATAN).
With such a blow to the YTB company and its distributors, concerns that the reputation will spread throughout the sector are valid. Newer companies like Platinum One Destinations and NetTrav Inc., having been fully aware of the issues surrounding YTB and other travel home based businesses, spent several years before launching in 2007 reviewing these trends to ensure their products and compensation plan meet the standards of the travel sector and attorney generals. The company model is as follows:
- Platinum One Destinations and its parent company NetTrav, Inc. are a fully accredited, licensed and bonded full-service travel company registered or applied to operate in all 50 states as a "seller of travel."
- On average, 60% of profits are channeled back to independent, home-based distributors.
- The company itself holds full IATAN and CLIA accreditation. Distributors are not considered to be travel agents; they simply refer clients to the company's products and services.
- It isn't necessary to become a distributor in order to purchase Platinum One Products. Nor is it necessary to purchase product in order to become a distributor.
- The NetTrav personal travel portal is a consumer product where members receive price-match guarantee to sites like Expedia and Travelocity, with 50% rebates on travel commissions earned. With a separate affiliate registration, the site can be referred for 50% profit.
Platinum One Destinations is partnered with The Synergy Marketing Group, which provides direct sales trainers, mentors and business websites, systems and ongoing support to all Platinum One Destinations distributors. The aim of this system is to develop the next generation of successful travel home-based business entrepreneurs.
Platinum One Destinations retains Mr. Alexander Anolik as travel attorney for the company. Anolik has been an integral part of the development and ongoing legal consulting with Platinum One Destinations. Anolik has been cited by the United States 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Condé Nast travel magazine, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today and more than 100 trade and international periodicals. The San Francisco-based attorney has testified as an expert in Federal and State Courts and before various other government entities in the United States and throughout the world.
For more information regarding the pending lawsuit People of the State of California v. YourTravelBiz.com, please visit this link.
For more information about Platinum One Destinations, visit http://synergyplatinum.onlineprofitpower.com or call Carol Ann Martin, Independent Affiliate & Platinum Executive Leader/Instructor at 1-888-929-9880. To learn more about the Synergy Marketing Group, visit http://www.whoissmg.com.