Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) August 22, 2008
This fall, the Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design will launch a new program for seasoned real estate executives who have a solid understanding of and interest in real estate finance, including developers, owners, financiers, and entrepreneurs.
Entitled Real Estate Advanced Finance Program, the new three and one-half day program is scheduled on October 14-17, 2008 and will be held at the Harvard Faculty Club on the Harvard University campus in Cambridge, MA.
Covering topics such as financial analysis, international finance, debt types and structures, equity sources and structuring, portfolio management, strategic leverage, hedging and derivatives, joint ventures, private equity and funds, and bankruptcy and distressed debt, participants will gain a broader exposure to the complexities of real estate finance, develop best practices, and learn from each other.
Real Estate Advanced Finance Program participants will share a unique opportunity to learn, participate, and engage with distinguished academicians and top industry experts including:
- Jim Clayton, director of research, Pension Real Estate Association (PREA)
- Barden Gale, vice chairman of real estate, Starwood Capital
- David Geltner, director of research, Center for Real Estate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stuart C. Gilson, professor of business administration, Harvard Business School
- Marc A. Louargand, president, American Real Estate Society, founder, Saltash Partners LLC
- Edward Marchant, adjunct lecturer in public policy, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Joseph L. Pagliari, clinical professor of real estate, The University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
- Ethan Penner, executive managing director, CB Richard Ellis
- Raymond G. Torto, global chief economist, CB Richard Ellis
- John H. Vogel Jr., adjunct professor of business administration, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
Complete program and registration information can be found at: http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu/professional/exec_ed/programs/reaf/index.html
For information on Harvard's other real estate executive education programs that are scheduled throughout the year visit: http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu/professional/exec_ed/real_estate.html
About the Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design
The Office of Executive Education at Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD) is the foremost provider of Executive Education programs for architects, planners, and real estate and building industry professionals. Executive Education offers an extensive menu of programs that covers topics in design and real estate as well as customized programs that can be tailored to an organization's or firm's specific learning needs. Drawing upon the unparalleled resources of Harvard University, Executive Education programs are led by renowned faculty from the GSD, the Business School, the Law School, and the Kennedy School of Government, as well as eminent practitioners and scholars from across the country and around the world. For more information, visit http://execed.gsd.harvard.edu
# # #