With the look and feel of Visual Basic, it will allow many additional programmers to create apps for Symbian devices.
(PRWEB) August 25, 2008
NS Basic Corporation today announced the immediate availability of Version 1.0 of NS Basic/Symbian OS, a new development tool for creating S60 3rd Edition and UID 3 applications.
"We've been making easy to use development tools for Palm OS and Windows CE for many years," said George Henne, President of NS BASIC Corporation. "It was clear that Symbian developers also needed a tool which would be friendly and easy to learn, easy to deploy and well supported."
Version 1.0 of NS Basic/Symbian OS is complete standalone development solution, featuring:
- Easy to use, standard and structured BASIC
- Over a dozen built in screen objects
- Buttons, fields, popups and more
- TCP/IP communications
- Math and trigonometric functions
- Produces stand alone, signed installers
- Royalty free distribution of applications you create
- Runs on Windows 2000, XP and Vista
- Lots of sample code, tutorials and tech notes
- IDE in English, German, French, Spanish and Japanese
- 150 page hard copy Handbook
"We welcome the addition of NS Basic/Symbian OS to the set of development environments available for mobile developers," said Antony Edwards, Vice President Developer Product Marketing, Symbian. "With the look and feel of Visual Basic, it will allow many additional programmers to create apps for Symbian devices."
The product includes an IDE (Interactive Development Environment) with a graphic design screen, powerful code editor, compiler and installer generator. It is a complete development environment with a total download of less than 10 megs. No additional SDKs are needed. Tutorials and online help make it easy to get started quickly.
Pricing and Availability:
Applications developed with NS Basic/Symbian OS are distributed royalty free. NS Basic/Symbian OS 1.0 normally costs $299.95 USD for a single user, with an introductory special of $199.95. Pro licenses, which allow for full application signing, are $499.95 (regularly $699.95) The toolkit runs on Windows 2000, XP and Vista. The product is available immediately from the company's website.
About NS BASIC Corporation:
NS BASIC Corporation has been a leading creator of development tools for handheld devices since 1993. More than 15,000 developers in over 60 countries use NS BASIC's tools to develop apps for business, enterprise, education, government and personal use.
- Web: http://www.nsbasic.com/symbian
- Video: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5055778_NiS5D/1/350583824_zLRKC/Large
- Tour: http://www.nsbasic.com/symbian/info/technotes/TT01.htm
- FAQ: http://www.nsbasic.com/symbian/info/faq.html
- Demo: http://www.nsbasic.com/symbian/info/demo.html
- Specifications: http://www.nsbasic.com/symbian/info/Specifications.html
For more information, please contact us at info @ nsbasic.com.