London, UK (PRWEB) August 23, 2008
Women may dream of love and romance, the media might wax lyrical about the benefits of communication, and agony aunts often lecture us on the importance of respect. But when the chips are down, the majority of men are still motivated by their most basic instinct: 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours'!
The truth came to light when http://www.makefriendsonline.com asked its members if they'd like to speak to prospective dates on camera. Anticipating a generally positive response, they were taken aback to find 72% of men exceptionally eager to turn their cams on and an opposing 63% of women refusing to even consider such a thing!
It seems men simply cannot be trusted to behave. And with such an overwhelming majority of women relating almost identical stories, there's little one can do except accept this fact.
Typical comments from the ladies included:
- I wouldn't mind using a cam to chat to friends, but men only want you to get naked and that's put me off using them in a dating scenario.
- Webcams are a good idea when you know the person but I have received obscene images from men so wouldn't use one any other way.
- I've tried using a webcam on another site and my experience is the men use them for cheap thrills.
- In the past I have accepted a webcam invitation to find the person exposing himself.
- Men only use them for sexual gratification.
- Web cams are not a bad idea in principle but too many men abuse them.
And, just to underline the ladies' point, a comment from a male respondent ……
- kool send me some women contacts who wanna do it on cam.
So will men ever learn? It doesn't seem so!
# # #