Yellow Springs, Ohio (Vocus) August 22, 2008
The Supravalve® has been a mainstay of the Vernay Medical check valves line-up for over 20 years. But did you know the Supravalve® has 6 advantages compared to other check valves in the medical industry?
Here are 6 advantages of a Vernay Supravalve®:
1. Highly reliable in critical applications where drugs, blood or other fluid media, require the dosing to be precisely checked with care. More specifically the Supravalve® is used in medical fields such as:
- Drug Delivery
- Blood Oxygenators
- Blood Handling
- Wound Drainage applications
- Infusion sets
2. 100% functionally tested for forward flow, reverse leakage and weld integrity.
3. Assembled in a Class 10,000 clean environment to ensure the safety of the patient.
4. Non-position sensitive.
5. Provides a non-torturous flow path with low pressure losses at both medium and high flow rates. Having a non-torturous flow-path assures the valve is optimized for applications where Haemolysis is a concern.
6. Available in a multitude of fitments and material selections that can readily be sterilized using Gamma, ETO or High temperature Sterilization methods.
At the heart of the Supravalve® is a duckbill check valve, a technology patented by Vernay many years ago. The silicone duckbill check valve is assembled into mating plastic components, using a state of the art automated assembly process. All configurations of the Supravalve® Check Valve are USP Class VI compliant.
Vernay Laboratories designs and manufactures precision molded elastomeric materials. Primary area of expertise is in the design and manufacture of elastomeric check valves for fluid control applications. Standard product lines include a variety of check valve designs both fully Elastomeric and molded onto metal or plastic.
For further information on the Vernay Supravalve® product line, please call 1-866-Vernay-1 or visit our website at http://www.vernay.com
Vernay Laboratories is proud to provide precision-engineered fluid control rubber components and assemblies to companies around the world. Vernay serves the Automotive, Medical, Office Products, Small Appliances, Small Engine, White Goods, and Specialty markets. Using our expertise in the creation of manufacturing processes, quality & environmental standards and new cutting-edge elastomeric materials, we design check valves and other fluid control rubber products that offer advanced solutions to your complex engineering problems.