Beverly Hills, CA (PRWEB) August 25, 2008
LA Femme Film Festival's Founder Leslie LaPage announced today that the 2008 festival will kick off on October 16, 2008. The festival will run from October 16 -19 and include independent features, shorts, music videos, commercials, special screenings and seminars.
The four day event will be held at the Fine Arts Theatre in Beverly Hills at 8556 Wilshire Blvd. and the Wilshire Screening Room at 8670 Wilshire Blvd. The festival includes screenings, seminars, networking events, and an awards ceremony. LA Femme is dedicated to creating opportunities for female filmmakers to access the Hollywood's A-List. The festival highlights emerging artists and their films to a wide audience of theatre audiences.
Some of the festival winners have gone on to achieve full theatrical distribution, domestic cable, representation and development deals at the major studios: "Green Street Hooligans" opened in over 2,000 theaters nationwide; "The Colt" aired on The Hallmark Channel; "Moondance Alexander" limited domestic theatrical; "Christian" international theatrical distribution; "Beautiful Dreamer" cable distribution; "Draco y el Teatro" shown on MTV and more.
Other Past Honorees have included: Rosanna Arquette, Lea Thompson, Martha Coolidge, Sara Risher, Marisol Nichols, Maria Conchita Alonso, Julie Davis, Susan Seidelman, Angela Bromstad, Lauren Zalaznick, Jacqueline Bisset, Sally Kirkland, Penelope Spheeris, Henry Jaglom, Patricia Cardoso
The LA Femme Film Festival is open to the general public and tickets are available on the website http://www.lafemme.org or by calling (310) 441-1645. Tickets for individual films are $10.00, seminars are each $20.00, at the door on a first come basis, while a VIP pass for all events is $150.00 VIP passes include all screenings, parties, seminars, and the Closing Night Awards Ceremony; Media Union Guild passes are available for $59.99 with Union ID. Students with a current ID are welcome to attend the seminars for free. Single tickets are available for the awards ceremony ($35). The full schedule is available at: http://www.lafemme.org.
To register press credentials for the Festival or to schedule an interview with Leslie LaPage, contact Veronica Alexander at 310-441-1645. For more information see the events schedule on the website.
Visit the website at http://www.lafemme.org. LA Femme Film Festival highlights commercially-viable films written, directed or produced by women for everyone. Now in its fourth year, the festival is dedicated giving opportunities a new breed of female filmmakers to the top of Hollywood's A-List.
- WHAT: LA Femme Film Festival announced today that tickets are open for sale for this year's festival.
- WHO: LA Femme Film Festival highlights commercially viable films written, directed or produced by women for everyone. Now in its fourth year, the festival is dedicated to creating an environment that nurtures and helps distribute films from emerging filmmakers of all ages. Filmmakers with films written, directed or produced by women should submit their entries ASAP. The Festival will be honoring Celebrity guests for an Awards Show and giving special awards to "A-List" top industry professionals on October 19th at 7:00pm.
- WHEN: Submission deadline is August 30th, 2008. Go to http://www.lafemme.org tttfor submission instructions
- WHERE: Festival October 16, 17, 18, 19 in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. Tickets can be purchased now at http://www.lafemme.org
- CONTACTS: For Festival questions, please call 310-441-1645
llapage @ lafemme.org