New York, NY (PRWEB) August 27, 2008
Fifty percent of cell phone company Motorola's business comes from B2B ($36.6 billion in total revenues, $18 billion in B2B, 2007), and the company is first or second in market share in 80% of its B2B customer segments. Those numbers are hardly luck. Today's Motorola is much different than the one we knew just a few years ago. Everything Motorola does revolves around the customer. With that in mind, the company's two most important objectives for new business are that customers must trust Motorola first and that Motorola must show the human element (not the technology) in order to sell its products and services.
How does the company achieve these goals to attract and retain customers? With smart content marketing. Motorola has found in its marketing that 80% of technology buyers use the Web as their primary purchasing decision tool. As a result, online informational tools are at the center of its marketing strategy. With every type of demand generation activity (events, SEO/SEM, public relations, advertising, direct marketing), there is a specific tool and landing page to tell the customer story as it related to Motorola marketing objectives. These include microsites, video case studies/libraries, eZines, white papers, online communities, and even a virtual city (specific to government and public safety decision makers) that provides real-world examples of how visitors can best leverage technology to get their jobs done. From among the 1.3 million visitors to its site each month, the company converts information seekers into prospects and buyers.
This is the power of content marketing.
A new free white paper, How to Attract and Retain Customers with Content NOW, by Joe Pulizzi--the founder of Junta42 and Junta42 Match, the only company dedicated to matching marketers with their ideal custom content providers--shows all marketers how they can use custom content to achieve unparalleled, measurable sales and growth.
"Content marketing delivers measurable results in the form of attracting customers and keeping them coming back," said Pulizzi. "But too many marketers don't understand how to harness the power of the resource. This white paper is designed to give them a clear, actionable plan for creating content that works."
Pulizzi offers clear case studies of companies that have used content marketing to achieve exponential growth in revenue and market share, and he gives marketers the tools they need to begin creating their own content marketing strategies.
From the message that marketers need to be the media to plans for launching content within any company, "How to Attract and Retain Customers with Content NOW" takes the guesswork out of content marketing.
The Six Reasons Every Company Needs to Begin Content Marketing Today:
1. A change in buyer attitudes toward the "credibility" of content. Today's buyers look everywhere for essential content in order to make smart buying decisions. Whereas in the past, customers were wary about information that didn't come from a traditional media source, today's savvy buyers don't mind where they get content, as long as it's good.
2. Traditional media sources can't be counted on to assist you in reaching your customers. In fact, you may have better information about your customers and prospects in your own database than anything the traditional media can come up with.
3. Shrinking media company budgets reduce content quality. Continued cutbacks in editorial staff and circulation size have created a void--a void that non-traditional content creators (you) can fill.
4. Selling to your customers is becoming more challenging. The more informed the consumer or buyer is, the more difficult it is to sell to them with traditional methods. A better approach is to provide relevant content that positions your company as a trusted source.
5. Because technology is both cheap and easy to use, even small companies can deliver great content solutions to a targeted customer base.
6. Businesses have no learned how to create great editorial content. Buyers know the difference between great content and a blatant sales pitch with no inherent value. Make yourself a trusted resource.
To download "How to Attract and Retain Customers with Content NOW" free, visit http://www.junta42.com/match/ad/search/.
To learn more about marketer-content provider matching service Junta42 Match or to sign up for free, visit http://www.junta42.com/match. For all of the latest news on anything and everything content marketing, visit Junta42 at http://www.junta42.com.
About Junta42 and Junta42 Match
Junta42 is the leading media site dedicated to everything content marketing and custom publishing. Presented as a business bookmarking vehicle, the site is dedicated to marketing professionals who want to attract customers through valuable and relevant content creation and distribution. Junta42 also offers Junta42 Match, the only buyer/seller matching site for the custom publishing & content marketing industry (now valued at over $56 billion). The service is an audited directory of custom publishing providers, and gives marketing, agency and association professionals the ability to match their project--a custom magazine, newsletter, content Web site, video series, etc.--to the exact qualifications of a custom publisher, content agency, writer or other content provider. Matching services are conducted online, allowing for ease and anonymity. Junta42 is a division of Z Squared Media, LLC.