Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) August 29, 2008
On September 5th at 10:00 a.m., Melinna Giannini, founder and CEO of Albuquerque-based (ABC Coding Solutions), will join health care innovators at the National Press Club (NPC) in Washington, D.C. Each panelist offers practical solutions to lower health care costs and expand access to quality care -- solutions not being discussed by Congress, Barack Obama or John McCain. The NPC timed this event to occur as Congress goes back into session and just after the conclusion of the Democratic and Republican National Conventions to assure practical health care reform ideas are part of the national debate in the upcoming presidential election.
The code-set (ABC codes) and claim-filing system (ZipClaims) developed by Ms. Giannini's company facilitates greater access to over 2.5 million non-physician practitioners -- see (chart). The systems are recognized to lower costs and improve health care access by:
· The American Nurses Association
· Dr. Clayton Christensen -- Harvard Business School
· Dr. Carolyn Dean -- nationally acclaimed author and physician
· Alaska Medicaid -- processed millions of payments and lowered costs by 50% using ABC codes
· Dubai Health Care City -- using ABC codes to process claims in their emerging health care tourism program
Without ABC codes, only physicians have sufficient codes to bill insurance companies for their care. This results in:
· Over-worked physicians
· Under-utilization of 2.5 million qualified health professionals
· Over-utilization of emergency care centers
· Increasing patient wait times -- for both critical and routine care
· Rising insurance premiums -- that make health care unaffordable for many
These issues all contribute to the financial crisis in health care that Barack Obama and John McCain need to address. Melinna will discuss how ABC Coding Solutions' products and services help solve these problems.
Other experts on the panel scheduled to appear at the National Press Club with Ms. Giannini include:
Grace-Marie Turner, Founder and CEO of the Galen Institute
Phil Davis, Manager, Committees on Publication for The First Church of Christ, Scientist
Christine Filipovich, the Executive Director of the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
About ABC Coding Solutions
ABC Coding Solutions develops copyrighted codes and technology that fill critical information gaps in the health care industry. The company's ABC codes describe care provided by more than 2.5 million health care providers to facilitate management of the health care supply chain. ABC Coding Solutions' claim filing tool, ZipClaims.com, is the first system to route electronic or paper health care claims and specifically document non-physician interventions. The company also provides consulting for developing insurance plans and payment systems that enable greater access to qualified caregivers.
# # #