We gave copies of The Quest to a group of our employees, and the feedback has been outstanding
Ventura, CA (PRWEB) September 3, 2008
During the next decade, baby boomers will face significant retirement challenges, as millions of working "pre-retirees" realize they didn't realistically plan for their retirement financial needs. And those already in the golden years of their retirement may soon be returning to work because they retired too soon and are running out of money.
To help baby boomers meet these challenges, Rest-of-Life Communications announces the release of its DVD/Action Guide, The Quest: For Long Life, Health and Prosperity. The Quest offers working baby boomers simple, effective strategies for planning for a happy, healthy, financially secure retirement.
The Quest was produced by Steve Vernon, FSA, a consulting actuary with over 30 years of experience helping Fortune 500 companies design and manage their retirement programs.
"Most older Americans aren't even in the ballpark when it comes to having enough savings to retire comfortably," said Vernon. "New retirees are drawing down their savings too quickly, with the likely result that they'll run out of money and need to return to work. We produced The Quest to inform and inspire people to make the right choices for their retirement years."
The combination of a DVD and Action Guide is a new and unique way to learn about a difficult subject; together, they present strategies and insights that are easy to understand. The Quest DVD helps boomers answer these questions:
- How much do you need to retire?
- How do you manage your 401(k) balances so you don't outlive them?
- When should you start Social Security?
- How do you protect against large medical and long-term care expenses?
- How can you live a long, prosperous life?
The Quest DVD is 90 minutes long and contains:
- Interviews with 12 experts who provide guidance with respect to life planning, health, finance, investments, insurance and Social Security
- Interviews with 13 people from all walks of life who have put these experts' advice into practice and offer "success stories" to model when it comes to retirement planning
It also includes 52 minutes of bonus footage with the experts that provide additional retirement planning ideas and strategies.
The accompanying, 30-page Action Guide will help baby boomers implement the strategies featured in the DVD. The Action Guide includes:
- A checklist of action steps that summarizes the main messages and strategies from the DVD and points users to additional resources, and
- Brief biographical sketches of the experts, identifying their books, websites and other materials that can serve as resources for additional study.
"We gave copies of The Quest to a group of our employees, and the feedback has been outstanding," said Sally Hass, benefits education manager for Weyerhaeuser Company. "They're making changes in their lives and seeing their lives in new ways, resulting in a greater sense of satisfaction and direction for the future."
Steve Vernon, FSA, is a member of the executive faculty and a research fellow with the California Institute for Finance at California Lutheran University. He recently retired as Vice President and Consulting Actuary with the human resources consulting firm Watson Wyatt Worldwide. For more than 30 years, Vernon helped Fortune 500 companies design and manage their retirement programs. Rest-of-Life Communications is dedicated to providing unbiased retirement education, and does not sell investments, insurance or health products.
For additional information about The Quest, including a brief trailer, additional tutorials and articles, and how to order, visit http://www.thequestdvd.com. To learn more about Rest-of-Life Communications, visit http://www.restoflife.com.
The Quest for Long Life, Health and Prosperity: DVD + Action Guide
Retail price: $25
Available from http://www.thequestdvd.com, Amazon.com, and DeVorss Distribution (800 843-5743).
Steve Vernon, FSA, President
(805) 985 3526