The Pre-Standard IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus PowerSync Analyzer update provides our customers the ability to leverage their PowerSync Analyzer test solution investments made today to test the Power over Ethernet Plus technologies of tomorrow
Boston, MA (PRWEB) September 16, 2008
Sifos Technologies, Inc. (http://www.sifos.com) introduces the latest update for the PowerSync Analyzer (PSA) family. With the anticipated release of IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE Plus) standard expected in 2009, first generation PoE Plus Powered Devices (PD) and Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) are currently in active development throughout the networking industry. PoE Plus PSE's with capability to deliver well in excess of the 15.4 watt requirement of IEEE 802.3af PoE PSE's are becoming available ahead of the IEEE 802.3at PoE Plus standard.
IEEE 802.3at will specify a high power 2-pair solution for the delivery of up to 25.5 watts of power to a PD. PSE's will be required to deliver over 30 watts of continuous DC power to fulfill this requirement. PSE's may range upwards of 38 watts in continuous output capacity on a single PSE port delivered on either ALT A or ALT B (for a Mid-Span PSE) transmission pairs. DC currents will exceed 600mA and overload thresholds will range from 600mA to 1.75A.
"The Pre-Standard IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus PowerSync Analyzer update provides our customers the ability to leverage their PowerSync Analyzer test solution investments made today to test the Power over Ethernet Plus technologies of tomorrow" said David Lucia, Sifos Technologies President.
The only additional hardware requirement to enable Pre-Standard IEEE 802.3at PoE Plus PSE testing is a simple RJ-45 splitter available from Sifos as an integrated Port Combiner assembly (1 PSA port per PSA test blade). Sifos offers PSA RJ-45 Port Combiners and short Ethernet cables at no charge for those who wish to take advantage of Pre-Standard IEEE 802.3at PoE Plus testing and are using Conformance Test Suite.
PSA version 3.2 update offers full support of this test configuration. PSA Interactive GUI includes a new High Power control to enable PoE Plus PSE Conformance Tests, active load control up to 1A, PD Class 4 start-up emulation, and dual-port voltage, current, and power measurements.
In addition, the software upgrade includes many new and important features such as:
- New PSE Conformance Test Suite adaptive processing to capture and characterize a wider array of PSE device technologies and device configurations including hybrid proprietary signaling features
- Faster Sequencing of PSE Conformance Tests under automated sequencer
- Improved manual testing and analysis of pre-standard high power PSE ports with PSA Interactive GUI and PowerShell Tcl Automation
- More Flexible PSE Conformance and Multi-Port Test reporting including built-in hyperlinks to any error logs and ability to develop and deploy specialized (i.e. modified) Excel report templates specific to PSE types or models.
- Automated pre-sequence PSE Port Connection Verification operation
- Enhanced options and capabilities to support execution and control of PowerShell Tcl Automation from other software development environments
- Full support of upcoming test port Firmware 2.0 release including improved trigger noise immunity and more accurate signaling synchronization
Sifos Technologies, Inc. (http://www.sifos.com) is a privately held corporation, founded in 2003, and is located in Tewksbury, MA, near Boston. Sifos Technologies is the leader in PoE (Power Sourcing Equipment and Powered Devices) and DOCSIS (Cable Modems, Set-Top Boxes, Cable Modem Headends) test solutions.
Sifos Technologies, Inc.
+1 978 640-4900 x117