Southfield, MI (PRWEB) September 3, 2008
DSS Corporation launched a new Next Generation 911(NG911) emergency services thought leadership website. This is the first in a series to come.
The website (http://www.nextgeneration9-1-1.com) is designed for 911 Dispatch Centers and for Director's in the Emergency Services sector. The site covers methods of communications capture including Voice, Radio, Email, Chat, IM, Video, Web and Screen Capture. These communications methods are at the crux of NG911. Next Generation 911 also covers information sharing across agencies for better response and overall service.
This operational focused website focuses on 5 major issues impacting improved dispatch operations. In summary these issues are as follows:
1. Lack of a 360° communication capture method within the Emergency Center
2. Lack of an efficient way to identify dispatcher weaknesses as well as dispatcher motivation and retention
3. No metrics set up to measure quality of service and response times within the dispatch center
4. Reliance on Outdated Legacy Solutions - Is your current PSAP recording solution ready for Next Generation 911 (NG911)?
5. No easy way to share communications with the Prosecutors to improve victim advocacy and offender accountability
The site http://www.nextgeneration9-1-1.com also provides a whitepaper addressing these issues and ways to improve dispatch operations and NG911 communications capture. (Voice, Radio, Email, Chat, IM, Web, SMS and Screen Capture)
For more information on Next Generation 911 (NG911) communications capture, please visit: http://www.nextgeneration9-1-1.com
DSS Corporation, headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, specializes in improved dispatch operations and NG911 Communications Capture for the Emergency Services Sector.
Contact: Jeff Vezina, DSS Corporation Phone: (866) dss-corp Fax: (248) 569-6567 Email: jvezina @ dss-corp.com Web site: http://www.equature.com