New Providence, The Bahamas (Vocus) September 2, 2008
Spearheaded by master developer and real estate visionary Roger Stein, the New South Ocean Development Company's future $1 billion mixed-use resort project is located on 385 acres of pristine shoreline along the southwestern coast on New Providence Island in Nassau. The exclusive development will encompass a large upscale casino hotel, an intimate five+ star boutique hotel, a lifestyle hotel brand, a mega yacht marina, spa, retail outlets, a world-class tennis center and residential components. The Blue Shark Golf Club, a 7,200 yard, 18-hole championship course recently re-designed by Greg Norman is scheduled to open in late 2008/early 2009.
The resort is the third and final location designated by the Government of The Bahamas for a full-scale casino and hotel operation on New Providence. Mr. Stein saw the potential to expand in New Providence and create an upscale retreat with convenient airlift from U.S. gateways. The resort is just a 10 minute drive from Nassau's International Airport and the destinations has held strong ties to long-established North American and European tourism.
Resort development component plans are as follows:
- Casino Resort Hotel(s): A 1500 room beachfront property including hotel condominium units, casino, large pool complex, spa, conference and entertainment venues and retail and service space.
- Luxury Boutique Hotel: An exclusive, ultra-luxury beachfront five-star resort, featuring a large world-class spa, gourmet restaurant and beachfront serviced villas.
- Lifestyle Hotel: A beachfront, boutique hotel catering to the hip and chic market.
- Golf Course: The 7,200 yard Greg Norman signature Blue Shark Golf Course has plans for a world-class clubhouse and related facilities.
- Mega Yacht Marina with Marina Village/Retail Space
- Residential Estates: This component consists of secure residential estate lots, with frontage on the golf course
- Luxury Residences: To be serviced by the luxury resort adjacent to the golf course and the canal with docking.
- Racquet Club and Tennis Facilities: A world-class racquet club and tennis training center, run by world famous tennis star will serve as an amenity for visitors and residents.
About Roger Stein
Roger Stein, a long time entrepreneur, is the Managing Director and Master Developer of The New South Ocean Development Company LTD, created in 2005 based in New York City. In his previous role as Director of Business Development of Plaza Associates in Raleigh, North Carolina, Stein oversaw negotiations for the firms' real estate interests. He was involved in the development of the 1.4 million square-foot Crabtree Mall, the largest mall in Raleigh, as well as the Siena hotel in Chapel Hill, a winner of AAA Diamond Awards for Excellence in Food and Rooms.
Also an accomplished musician, noted music producer and owner of indie record label Iguana Records, Stein has worked with many international recording artists including Keith Richards, The Neville Brothers, The Meters, Bonnie Raitt, Branford Marsalis and others. Mr. Stein holds a Law Degree from Duke Law School and a B.A. from Skidmore College. He currently resides with his wife and daughter in New York City's Soho and in The Bahamas.
Erika Vives or Andria Mitsakos
Andria Mitsakos Public Relations
Ph: 917.859.7269 or 212.320.3677