Los Gatos, CA (PRWEB) September 5, 2008
LegacyJ Corporation today announces a new initiative that provides Java migration alternatives for COBOL.
- LegacyJ's new Choice alternative offers several approaches for modernizing COBOL: The first is to convert COBOL source to Java and execute with the LegacyJ Java Choice Libraries, performing development and maintenance on the Java source. Next alternative to keep source in COBOL, and execute in Java with LegacyJ Java Choice Libraries; development and maintenance is performed on the COBOL source. And the third alternative is to combine. COBOL with new Java applications (either "dependent on" or "independent of") the LegacyJ Java Choice Libraries
The value of the LegacyJ Choice initiative is that it provides:
- A modernization path for transitioning COBOL to Java
- The amount or extent of modernization is selectable (customer's choice).
- Most COBOL dialects supported from a wide-range of source platforms.
- Application execution is consistent with Java on most any platform.
"The LegacyJ Choice initiative is a very powerful tool for those desiring to leverage COBOL for SOA and Virtualization", said LH Couch, LegacyJ WW VP of Sales. "The ease of modernizing COBOL has an immediate positive impact on the IT budget by allowing IT to move COBOL workload to any Java platform. Furthermore, reducing the project expense by reducing time, effort, and staffing requirements put the LegacyJ approach in the "affordable initiative" category for most IT organizations.", continued Couch.
LegacyJ is a software solutions company. LegacyJ solutions permit business enterprises to cost-effectively access the evolving business landscape, exploit application servers, web services, SOA, and platform independent application deployment from legacy COBOL solutions. LegacyJ is a privately held corporation with headquarters in Los Gatos, California.
- LegacyJ and PERCobol are trademarks of LegacyJ Corporation
- All trademarks are the properties of their respective owners or licensers.