Gaithersburg, MD (Vocus) September 5, 2008
GL Communications Inc, announced today the availability of a spectrum of protocol emulation products for Packet, TDM, and Wireless networks. In a statement to the press, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of the company said, “GL carries the widest array of protocol emulation products for TDM, Wireless, and Packet networks. Based on a uniform architecture the products exhibit many similar features and functions. Interfaces range from analog 2-wire, analog 4-wire, mobile phone, T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, STM-1, OC-12, and Ethernet. Across these interfaces, calls can be placed and traffic can be generated and received. Signaling is supported over analog, wireless, ISDN, SS7, GSM (TRAU), PPP, MLPPP, HDLC, CAS and more.
GL’s Emulation Products Overview
T1E1 Cards or USB POD T3 E3 OC3 STM 1 VQuad™
DCOSS RTPToolBox™ PacketGen™
- Emulate / Analyze GSM / TRAU at Abis, Aterr, A Interfaces
- Emulate end-to-end mobile calling with Voice Quality metrics
TDM And Analog
- Emulate / Analyze Voiceband protocols over T1 E1 and Analog Lines
- Emulate / Analyze ISDN, CAS, and HDLC protocols
- Emulate / Analyze PPP and ML-PPP internet protocols
- Emulate / Analyze T3 E3 signals
- Emulate / Analyze OC3 and STM1 signals
- Emulate heavy loads of traffic and protocols with DCOSS
- Emulate heavy loads of 2-Wire traffic with DCOSS
- Emulate 2-Wire / PSTN end-to-end with Voice Quality metrics with VQuad™
Fax and Modem
- Emulate heavy loads of Fax / Modem traffic with DCOSS
- Emulate / Analyze [low capacity VoIP calls for echo, voice quality, jitter, packet loss and other metrics with RTP Toolbox™
- Emulate / Analyze low capacity VoIP calls with VQuad™
- Emulate high capacity VoIP calls using SIP and RTP with PacketGen™
- Emulate MGCP, SIP, and Megaco VoIP protocols with MAPS™
For comprehensive understanding of the products, please visit http://www.gl.com/Track/ProtocolEmulation_ProtEmu_AugustNewsletter GL's Protocol Emulation web page.]
About GL Communications Inc.
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remotability, and scripting.
GL’s TDM Analysis & Emulation line of products includes T1, E1, T3, OC-3, STM-1, analog four-wire, and analog two-wire interface cards and solutions. Capabilities include voiceband traffic analysis and emulation across all traffic types (voice, digits, tones, fax, modem), all protocols (HDLC, ISDN, SS7, CAS, GSM, GPRS, CDMA), and with capacities up to thousands of channels.
GL’s VoIP products generate / analyze thousands of calls simultaneously with traffic types such as voice files, digits, tones, noise, and fax using G.711, G.729, AMR, EVRC, and GSM codecs. Additional features include visual analysis, real-time listening, recording, and voice quality assessment using ITU algorithms PAMS, PSQM, and PESQ.
GL’s Wireless Products perform protocol analysis and voice quality assessment on GSM, CDMA, UMTS, and CDMA 2000 networks. Connections can be made to any wireless phone with automated call control, GPS, mapping software, and real-time signal measurements.
GL’s Echo Canceller testing solutions provide the broadest range of simulation and analysis, including compliance testing per G.168 and G.160. Network Surveillance and Monitoring products include Probes for TDM, VoIP, ATM, and Wireless networks.
GL’s Handheld data testers provide convenience, economy, and portability for almost any interface, including RS232, RS422 / RS530, X.21, T1, E1, T3, E3, and many others.
GL’s Network Surveillance and Monitoring products include Probes for TDM, VoIP, ATM, and Wireless networks. An open standards based approach provides a scalable, feature rich, real-time access to network intelligence. Centralized or distributed access, efficient transport and database loading allow compatibility with 3rd party and standards based monitoring systems.
For more information about GL’s complete line of products,
Phone: 301-670-4784 ext. 114
E-mail: info @ gl.com