Secaucus, NJ (PRWEB) September 9, 2008
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS) proudly announces the launch of Recognizing and Managing Diseases of the Leg: a Self-Study Program, a dynamic, web-based, continuing medical education (CME)-certified learning intervention. These activities are featured on LegDisorders.org, the official website of the PPS-sponsored Biology of Leg Disorders (BOLD®) educational initiative.
As part of this innovative educational activity, four CME-certified courses enable participants to build and retain knowledge across the spectrum of therapeutic disorders that manifest in the leg. including peripheral arterial disease (PAD), restless legs syndrome (RLS), osteoarthritis, diabetic peripheral neuropathy, nocturnal leg cramps, fibromyalgia, and deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
A methodology called Confidence-Based Learning™ (CBL) provides the foundation for these intriguing CME-certified activities. CBL is a web-based program, developed by Knowledge Factor, Inc., that provides a self-paced approach to learning that builds participants' knowledge and retention by customizing a learning path and reinforcing confidence in knowledge. Through a single-step process, the CBL system measures both knowledge and confidence, then categorizes participants' individual results from questions posed in the activities into one of four categories: Mastery, Doubt, Uninformed, and Misinformed. The CBL system then addresses participants' knowledge and confidence gaps to ensure demonstration of a solid understanding of the content and to facilitate the application of said knowledge to clinical practice.
There are three courses, each focusing on a different set of leg disorders (musculoskeletal, neurologic, and vascular), with a fourth course requiring participants to differentiate the various disorders across all three pathways, and then to determine the most appropriate management strategy through case studies. Using CBL, physicians and other healthcare practitioners will be able to track their own progress toward mastery until they achieve that goal. Users can receive up to 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ by participating in these four (4) individual activities
These activities will reside for 1 year on LegDisorders.org, the official website of the Biology of Leg Disorders (BOLD®) educational initiative. LegDisorders.org and Recognizing and Managing Diseases of the Leg: a Self-Study Program was developed with funding through an educational grant from AR Scientific, Inc.
Other notable features of LegDisorders.org include:
- Dynamic Slide Library: A collection of downloadable slides that can be saved for presentations
- Virtual Case Studies and Patient Video Vignettes: Interactive, CME-certified "real-world" cases that reinforce clinical acumen
- Clinical Compendium on Leg Disorders: This reference tool is designed to be a consolidated body of knowledge on the broad spectrum of leg disorders and related comorbid conditions for primary-care physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers who treat patients with leg disorders.
- Clinical Insights® in Leg Disorders Newsletter Series: Each CME-certified issue contains a feature article on a timely topic, a case study, an interview with a BOLD Steering Committee or Faculty member, and a variety of other clinically relevant information
- Current Literature: A comprehensive library of recent literature spanning the spectrum of leg disorders, along with expert commentary exploring the clinical relevance of selected articles
- Patient-Education Materials: A series of informative handouts designed to enhance physician-patient communication on the treatment and management of various leg disorders
- Ask-The-Expert Video Podcasts: National thought leaders address frequently asked questions--on video!
BOLD brings a first-of-its-kind educational paradigm to leg disorders, structuring programs across a spectrum of diseases. Classification that differentiates on the basis of pathophysiologic origin (ie, cardiovascular, neurologic, musculoskeletal) offers healthcare professionals comprehensive, cross-disciplinary education. Biology of Leg Disorders (BOLD®) educational initiative. Visit LegDisorders.org and register for access to all its innovative features today!
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS):
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS) develops medical education activities designed to meet the needs of practicing physicians. PPS, working with medical leaders, designs and implements effective programs to meet specific educational objectives. Our overall goal is to conduct activities that will modify physician behavior in such a way as to have a positive impact on patient care and quality of life. Program formats are based on careful evaluation of goals, audience needs, and budget, always taking advantage of proven training methodologies and interactivity. PPS develops medical education programs consistent with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education as well as guidelines established by the AMA, PhRMA, and FDA. PPS is a business unit of KnowledgePoint360 Group LLC, a leading healthcare information company.