We found that parents are not only looking for high quality, but a good value for the school photo packages
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) September 8, 2008
PhotoWorks®, Inc., American Greetings' online photo expression site, today announced the results of a survey of PhotoWorks.com visitors revealing that 63 percent of parents are unhappy with the high prices and quality of their children's school pictures. To help parents get their money's worth this back-to-school season, PhotoWorks, has introduced School Day Photo Packages featuring three combo packs offering an assortment of 8x10", 5x7", and wallet-size prints, for $5.95.
PhotoWorks school pictures are processed with Kodak Perfect Touch Processing, using the latest digital printers, to give richer details, more vibrant colors and fewer dark shadows. Parents and students simply upload their favorite portrait to PhotoWorks, and choose the School Day Photo Package that's right for them.
"We found that parents are not only looking for high quality, but a good value for the school photo packages," said Lanae Weir, vice president of marketing for PhotoWorks. "Our back-to-school collection offers students and parents a unique way to express themselves while saving money on more costly alternatives."
In addition to the dissatisfaction in the overall offerings from school photo packages, the survey also found that more than 50 percent of parents are interested in personalizing everyday school items like journals, day-planners, locker posters, and commemorative items like yearbooks. This fall, PhotoWorks back-to-school selection is full of low-cost options for parents and students of all ages. Some of the top items include:
- PhotoWorks Photo Books are available in storybook, square and mini sizes with hard or soft covers. Commemorate all the memories of the school year, from the first bell to the last ($16.95 - $39.95 for 20 pages).
- Locker Size Posters (11"x14") allow students to create unique locker art for as low as $9.95. Capture memories of vacations, school trips, or summer vacations.
- Whether jotting down class notes or completing homework assignments, PhotoWorks personalized photo journal and photo sketchbook provide the perfect outlet to express creativity and style. Both the front and inside covers can be customized with one or several photos ($14.95 each).
- Love meeting new people and keeping in touch with friends? Try Photoworks YouCards, customizable business cards that let students make a statement about who they are. Include social network addresses, or just a favorite quote and picture. (100 cards for $25.95).
- With photo-customized stickers, students can keep favorite pictures close by; place them on notebooks, binders, or even book bags. (30 stickers/sheet for $4.95).
PhotoWorks(R), an American Greetings company, is an Internet-based personal publishing company and photography community. The company's web-based services allow PC and Mac users to share and store their digital photos, host personalized My Share Web pages, sell one-of-a-kind products through My Storefront, join photo communities, and create hardbound photo books, customized photo greeting cards, photo calendars, prints and other photography-sourced products. More information on the Company is available at http://www.photoworks.com.
About AG Interactive
AG Interactive (AGI), a subsidiary of American Greetings Corporation (NYSE: AM), is a global leader in licensing and creating original self and social expression products for online, instant messaging and mobile platforms. To create its premier content, the company leverages one of the world's largest creative studios and digital library of award-winning expressive content as well as an extensive international distribution capability. AGI attracts more than 40 million unique visitors per month in 18 countries to its popular websites AmericanGreetings.com, BlueMountain.com, Egreetings.com, PhotoWorks.com and Webshots.com, as well as through Instant Messaging or online partnerships with AOL, MSN, and Yahoo!. The company has one of the largest online subscription services with over 3.7 million paying subscribers. For more information, visit http://www.aginteractive.com.
About American Greetings Corporation
American Greetings Corporation (NYSE: AM) is one of the world's largest manufacturers of social expression products. Along with greeting cards, its product lines include gift wrap, party goods, stationery, calendars, ornaments and electronic greetings. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings generates annual revenue of approximately $1.8 billion. For more information on the Company, visit http://corporate.americangreetings.com.