Dallas, TX (Vocus) September 9, 2008
Broadlane is pleased to announce its latest service enhancement -– Capital Procurement Services. Broadlane’s Capital Procurement Services streamlines the capital equipment purchasing process for healthcare facilities, resulting in an estimated savings of 5 to 10 percent or more on equipment purchases.
Broadlane’s standardized Capital Equipment Procurement procedures provide healthcare facility chief financial officers assurance that capital equipment is consistently purchased at competitive prices and in accordance with each client’s guidelines.
“Capital equipment comprises a significant portion of a healthcare facility’s supply chain expenditures,” said Les Popiolek, senior vice president, procurement services, Broadlane. “Purchasing departments face ever-increasing demands and responsibilities with fewer resources. As a result, capital equipment may not receive a focused purchasing resource and frequently ends up being procured in the same manner as less expensive commodities. The end result is lost cost savings for one of the hospital’s largest supply chain expenditures. Our clients can be assured that every request for capital equipment will go through a standardized sourcing and procurement process, as defined by their policies.”
Broadlane’s team of capital procurement experts in its National Procurement Center utilize best practices in procuring capital equipment and have a deep category knowledge and broad awareness of the marketplace.
Broadlane’s Capital Procurement Services include:
- Verification of client-defined capital approvals
- Ongoing tracking of actual versus budgetary funds
- Enforcement of the client’s technology standards
- Unsurpassed Quote Review Service
- Improved compliance with GPO contracts
- Order administration, management and reporting
- Participation in Live Group Buys*, which can result in significant price reductions on capital equipment
Cost savings and Benefits
“Our new Capital Procurement Services, like so many of our service offerings, are a result of listening to our clients’ needs and delivering customized solutions to meet those needs,” said Popiolek. “We have a proven track record of helping our clients purchase the best capital equipment at the best price, and now we are able take every aspect of the capital equipment procurement cycle and manage it effectively for our clients.”
Healthcare facilities can save an estimated 5 to 10 percent or more when purchasing capital equipment through Broadlane’s Capital Procurement Services. These savings are obtained through:
- Improved contract compliance (typical estimated savings of 5 to 10 percent)
- Quote Review Service (typical estimated savings of 2 percent)
- Access to highly-specialized buyers with a niche focus and deep category expertise
- Lowered costs through shared multi-customer service center approach
- Ability to reallocate internal resources to more strategic tasks
- Reduced administrative and transaction costs
- Reduced procurement cycle time
- Improved capture and use of spend data
“We have been utilizing several of Broadlane’s Capital Equipment Services – Live Group Buy, Quote Review and equipment planning – to achieve the best capital equipment purchases at the best prices,” said Stephen Pickett, senior vice president and chief financial officer, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System. “Broadlane has deep experience in procuring high quality equipment and saving us money, so we asked them to take over the entire Capital Equipment Procurement function for us. We are excited about the cost and time savings, not to mention increased quality equipment purchases we will obtain.”
Broadlane is the leading technology-oriented healthcare services company, reducing costs and creating operational efficiencies for thousands of acute care hospitals, ambulatory care facilities, physician practices and other healthcare providers in the United States. Its core services include supply chain management and clinical workforce management services.
Broadlane’s comprehensive supply chain services include:
- Unparalleled national and custom contracting for supplies, pharmaceuticals, equipment and purchased services
- Innovative Procurement Services and purchase transaction management
- Clinical Services for managing clinical preference items and operating room and cath lab spending
- Comprehensive Materials Management Services – including outsourcing
- Informatics – benchmarking, advanced analytics and reporting
- Supply chain technology and e-commerce
Broadlane Workforce Management™ addresses nurses and allied healthcare practitioners and includes:
- External shift and agency management services
- Internal shift management, including electronic shift auctions
- Regional nurse float pool management and internal agency management
- E-commerce workforce exchange linking healthcare providers, clinical staff and agencies, enabling efficient shift management and fulfillment and reconciliation
The Preference Group™, a division of Broadlane, consults with healthcare facilities to help manage the cost of clinical items and processes. The Preference Group’s specialized clinical programs include:
- Medication Use Management (MUM)
- Orthopedic Management Program
- Cardiovascular Management Program
- And many others
Broadlane's clients include leading providers such as Advocate Health Care, Ascension Health, Beaumont Hospitals, CHRISTUS Health, Continuum Health Partners, Kaiser Permanente, Kindred Healthcare, MedCath Corporation, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System, St. Luke’s Episcopal Health System, Tenet Healthcare, The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, US Oncology and UMass Memorial Health Care.
The company is headquartered in Dallas with offices in Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New York City and Oakland. For more information, visit http://www.broadlane.com.
*] For more information about Broadlane’s Live Group Buy program or Capital Procurement Services and our other services, please visit http://www.broadlane.com, or call 800.664.0767.
jim.webb @ broadlane.com