San Diego, CA (PRWEB) September 10, 2008
SmartDraw.com, maker of the world's most popular business graphics software, today announced the release of SmartDraw Healthcare Edition 2009, containing dramatically enhanced functionality and exclusive new features that help healthcare professionals create high-impact graphics.
"Healthcare professionals understand that a picture is worth a thousand words when trying to present information to a patient or when illustrating a key process," said Paul Stannard, SmartDraw.com CEO. "Because SmartDraw draws for them, creating patient handouts or anatomical diagrams, organizing personnel with an org chart, or bringing a timeline to life with a dynamic Gantt chart become easy ways to convey clear, compelling, and critically important ideas."
The SmartDraw Healthcare Edition is currently in use by clinicians, medical students and administrators at more than 3,400 hospitals and medical centers around the world.
The innovations in SmartDraw Healthcare Edition 2009 empower anyone to create high-impact graphics with a learning curve of just minutes. New features include:
- More than 2,000 New Healthcare Templates. Access hundreds of new templates for anatomy, cardiology, diseases & disorders, health/fitness, patient care, neurology, orthopedics, pediatrics and more.
- New Healthcare Worksheets. New worksheets take healthcare graphics to the next level. Diagrams and charts feature explanations and healthcare information for each graphic.
- Revamped Template and Symbol Selection. Healthcare templates and symbols are easier to find than ever before with re-organized content structure and improved search box.
- Seamless PowerPoint® Integration with Built-In Animation. Using animation to reveal information step-by-step with each click is a key feature for helping audiences fully comprehend what the presenter is trying to convey. SmartDraw 2009 easily turns an unfocused, "busy" presentation into one that captures attention. With just one mouse click, SmartDraw transfers a graphic into a PowerPoint® slide with built-in animation. SmartDraw applies these animation cues automatically and preserves them when the graphic is moved into PowerPoint®. The result is a more compelling and memorable presentation. SmartDraw is the only business graphics program with this level of integration with PowerPoint®.
- Stunning New Presentation Effects. Stunning new effects such as 3D graphs and perspective view take presentations to the next level. Includes new themes for storyboarding presentations, as well as more synergy with PowerPoint®. Improved special effects add extra flair.
- Quicker Flowcharting. Flowcharts are drawn automatically, using simple commands. Users can even build one without taking their fingers off the keyboard. Lines are drawn automatically. Formatting is automatic: shapes are evenly spaced and perfectly aligned.
- Faster, Easier Project Management. New project management features include more control, increased automation and improved customization of Gantt charts and timelines. SmartDraw offers real project management without the complexity and learning curve of a product like Microsoft Project®.
- Improved ImageCharts and ExpressCharts. With ImageCharts, use pictures and images to display information instead of boring lines, bars, and circles. Simply drag any image--even a photo--onto a chart, and watch the data come alive. Or, create real charts and graphs of every kind without making a spreadsheet first with improved ExpressCharts.
- Automatic Mind Maps and Org Charts. Like flowcharts, mind maps and org charts are also drawn for the user with simple commands. Trees can now expand or hide depending on desired output to show various levels of hierarchy.
- Realistic Live Maps with Google. The new Live Map feature captures data from Google maps to incorporate roads, regions, counties, zip codes, countries and even satellite images from across the globe into illustrations. With SmartDraw Healthcare Edition 2009 users can now plot data centered on a location, showing instances of disease by region for example, making for an incredibly professional effect when presenting area-related data.
- Sticky Notes. Add special explanatory notes to any shape with new "sticky notes" in SmartDraw. The note appears only when the cursor scrolls over the object so notes never clutter a diagram.
SmartDraw Healthcare Edition 2009 works seamlessly with Microsoft Office, allowing one-click export to MS PowerPoint®, Word® and Excel®, making it easy to share SmartDraw graphics with others in plans, reports, and presentations.
SmartDraw offers a variety of licensing options and programs, including educational pricing. A free trial is available at http://www.smartdraw.com and includes both online and telephone technical support.
SmartDraw.com is the creator of SmartDraw, the world's most popular business graphics software and the first program that empowers ordinary computer users to create presentation-quality business graphics in minutes. Each year more than three million people install and use SmartDraw and the company counts more than half of the members of the Fortune 500 as loyal customers.
Founded in 1994, SmartDraw.com is privately-held and based in San Diego, CA. In addition to SmartDraw 2009 for general business and home use, the company also offers SmartDraw Healthcare and SmartDraw Legal editions which include graphics and applications unique to their respective fields. For more information on the company or to download a free trial of SmartDraw, please visit http://www.smartdraw.com.