UK (PRWEB) September 11, 2008
Swinton warns decorative drivers of driving hazards caused by car accessories.
British drivers spend £320million per year on car accessories* yet Swinton has revealed that in the last two years an astounding 5% of all their motor accident insurance claims have involved car accessories either distracting drivers or obstructing motorists views.
Swinging fluffy dice dangling from a rear view mirror could distract a driver for just a spilt second and this could affect concentration and could cause an accident.
A Swinton spokesperson said: "It is frightening the number of accidents that are caused by car accessories, while it is great that motorists can personalise their motors caution is needed to insure that these accessories do not interfere with driving. We had one case when a female accidentally set her fluffy steering wheel cover alight when lighting a cigarette, luckily she was unharmed but the interior of her car had extensive smoke damage."
"Many of these accidents could be avoided if more care had been taken, these incidents are not only dangerous for drivers but they may also cause their car insurance premiums to rise. Swinton advises that drivers make sure that all car accessories are carefully placed so that they do not obstruct the drivers view in any way and that they are securely attached."
Swinton have compiled a list of the current top ten car accessories in the UK:
1. Fluffy dice
2. Steering wheel covers
3. Car air fresheners
4. Multi-coloured tax disk holders
5. Car signs (e.g. Babe on Board)
6. Standing cartoon characters
7. Interior car neon lighting
8. Car seat covers
9. Diamante gear knobs
10. Seatbelt harness pads
*Source Max Power Magazine
For further information please contact Daniel Kennedy, Adele Mandy or Lucy Oates at SKV PR on Tel: 0161 838 7770 or email: email@example.com
- With 470 branches nationwide Swinton is the largest high street insurance broker
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates
- Swinton offers a 'clicks and bricks' approach to insurance - online prices with a high street presence.