San Jose, Costa Rica (PRWEB) September 11, 2008
Nothing generates headlines like a celebrity sex tape, and now you can bet at WagerWeb.com on what celebrity you think will get caught in the act next.
The list of celebs caught on tape is a long one, but here are just a few notable examples:
The trendsetter in celebrity sex tapes is former "Baywatch" babe Pamela Anderson, whose career skyrocketed after she and then-rocker husband Tommy Lee's honeymoon romp made its way to the Internet and was a mega-hit. Apparently Pamela didn't learn her lesson, because a sex tape of her and rocker boyfriend Bret Michaels also made the Web as well as going to DVD.
At least people knew who Pamela Anderson was before her tape. Paris Hilton, on the other hand, was hardly mainstream before a sex tape of her and then-boyfriend Rick Salomon began circulating. Hilton initially attempted to stop the distribution of the tape but then not only did she admit it was her, she agreed to its release and receives profits from the DVD.
Actor Colin Farrell was caught in a tape with his ex-girlfriend but successfully obtained a court order blocking its distribution. Alas, that didn't stop it from showing up on the Web.
Who can forget actor Rob Lowe? Back in the 1980s, he was one of the hottest young actors around. He then taped himself having sex with two young girls, one of whom turned out to be underage. His career went into the dumper for years soon after.
Just in the past week or two a few other celebs have been caught up in the sex tape rumors, including actors Josh Hartnett and Jeremy Jackson.
Then there are the celebrity sex tapes you probably don't want to see:
Tonya Harding, former attempted leg breaker of fellow ice skater Nancy Kerrigan, and her then-husband Jeff Gillooly had a sex tape that was leaked onto the Web, but the couple eventually just decided to release it to DVD, called: "Wedding Night," even though it is not from their actual wedding night.
Dustin Diamond, the former Screech on "Saved by the Bell," authorized and marketed the release of a 40-minute tape in 2006 in the hopes that it would boost his sagging career (it didn't).
And to prove that size doesn't matter, a sex tape featuring Verne Troyer, a k a Mini-Me from the "Austin Powers" movies, has just been released. Troyer filed several lawsuits when word of the tape leaked, but it's now available for purchase on the Web site SexWithMiniMe.com (what else?).
Bet on the next celebrity to be caught with, or happily market in some cases, a sex tape on WagerWeb.com
1. Paris Hilton 3:1 +$300 Risk $100 to win $300
2. Kim Kardashian 3:1 +$300 Risk $100 to win $300
3. Dave Navarro 4:1 +$400 Risk $100 to win $400
4. Jim Simmons 5:1 +$500 Risk $100 to win $500
5. Britney Spears 6:1 +$600 Risk $100 to win $600
6. Kid Rock 7:1 +$700 Risk $100 to win $700
7. Lindsay Lohan 15:2 +$750 Risk $100 to win $750
8. Sarah Palin 8:1 +$800 Risk $100 to win $800
9. Mary-Kate Olsen 9:1 +$900 Risk $100 to win $900
10. Colin Farrell 12:1 +$1200 Risk $100 to win $1200
11. Megan Fox 14:1 +$1400 Risk $100 to win $1400
12. Criss Angel 14:1 +$1400 Risk $100 to win $1400
13. Jessica Simpson 18:1 +$1800 Risk $100 to win $1800
14. Shia LaBeouf 20:1 +$2000 Risk $100 to win $2000
15. Nicole Scherzinger 25:1 +$2500 Risk $100 to win $2500
16. Rihanna 30:1 +$3000 Risk $100 to win $3000
WagerWeb.com, founded in 1997, is a privately held, offshore online gaming company, fully licensed and located in San Jose, Costa Rica. With almost 10 years of experience, innovation and gaming technology, Wagerweb.com features a sportsbook, a racebook and casino and has accepted more than 50,000,000 wagers since the company's launch.