New York, NY (PRWEB) September 15, 2008
The Jordan, Edmiston Group, Inc. ("JEGI") of New York, NY is pleased to announce that Elizabeth Satin , the veteran media, communications, and information industry senior investment banker, formerly of Lehman Brothers, has joined the firm as Managing Director. In this role, Ms. Satin will focus on JEGI's leading M&A advisory practice to the media, communications, and business information services sectors, which includes a wide array of companies providing information and data-driven products and services and marketing solutions.
As a 19+ year banker with Lehman Brothers, Ms. Satin is known for her ability to generate new and repeat business from large- and mid-cap clients. She is a trusted advisor, who is widely respected for her ideas and expertise, with a unique ability to successfully complete complex transactions. Ms. Satin has deep experience completing all types of investment banking transactions, including M&A assignments, leveraged buyouts, and recapitalizations. Her completed transactions range in size from $200 million to $14 billion, and she has recently successfully completed the following notable transactions:
- Advised Decision Resources, a portfolio company of Castenea Partners and Boston Ventures, on its sale to Providence Equity Partners;
- Advised a consortium of Providence Equity Partners, Thomas H. Lee, Texas Pacific Group, and Madison Dearborn Partners on its acquisition of Univision Communications;
- Advised Quadrangle on its acquisition of nTelos Communications;
- Advised M/C Communications on its sale to Bain Capital;
- Advised Providence Equity Partners on its acquisition of Survey Sampling International (SSI); and
- Advised Thomas H. Lee, Bain Capital, and Blackstone Group on their acquisition of Houghton Mifflin.
Wilma Jordan , Founder & CEO, JEGI, noted, "We are very pleased that Elizabeth Satin has decided to join JEGI's team of investment banking professionals. Her very impressive 19-year career in investment banking and M&A advisory at Lehman Brothers, focused on media, communications, and business information companies and financial sponsors, makes her an excellent fit for JEGI's media and information company clients. Her approach to client service and ability to maximize transaction value fit perfectly with JEGI's core values and competencies."
Ms. Satin began her career with Lehman Brothers in 1989 as a first-year Associate in the Media and Communications Group. She was promoted to Managing Director within Lehman's Media Group in 1998. Commenting on her new role at JEGI, Ms. Satin said, "I am pleased to be joining the talented group of professionals at JEGI. Their long and consistent track record of providing independent M&A advisory services to an impressive list of clients in the media, communications, and information markets, coupled with their strong reputation for providing the highest quality advice and transaction execution, make this an exciting place to focus the next phase of my career."
Ms. Satin earned a BA from Brown University, and she completed her MBA in finance with honors at NYU's Stern School of Business.
The Jordan, Edmiston Group, Inc. (JEGI) of New York, NY is the leading provider of independent investment banking services for media, information, marketing services and related technologies. Since being founded in 1987, JEGI has completed nearly 500 M&A transactions for global and emerging companies; entrepreneurial owners; and private equity and venture capital funds.
As the leading M&A advisor to business information services companies, JEGI has closed a number of high-profile transactions in this sector. Recent notable transactions include:
- Forrester Research's acquisition of JupiterResearch from MCG Capital;
- The sale of mobile measurement company M:Metrics to comScore;
- The sale of Congressional Quarterly's CQ Press to SAGE;
- The sale of Hallmark Data Systems, a portfolio company of Tinicum Capital Partners, to EBSCO Industries; and
- The sale of Money-Media to Pearson.
For more information, visit http://www.jegi.com.
Contact: Adam Gross
Email: adamg @ jegi.com
# # #