Philadelphia (PRWEB) September 16, 2008
The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour of Philadelphia, Philly's Best Ghost Tour, announced its Fall schedule. The evening ghost tour of Historic Philadelphia will operate tours through the end of November.
The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour of Philadelphia is "1 Part History, 2 Parts Haunt!" Guests who dare to take the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour will visit more than 20 scary sites to hear Philadelphia's haunted facts and folklore. Hunt for ghosts as you travel the cobblestone streets of Old City with Philly's best ghost tour to hear stories about the Spirits of '76, featuring:
- Haunted Facts - Hear stories about the Master of the Macabre, Edgar Allan Poe, who used to reside in Philadelphia, and learn about Leo Callahan, the only prisoner to escape from Eastern State Penitentiary and never be re-captured!
- Haunted Folklore - Learn about the legendary ghosts that inhabit Independence Hall, the spirits of Carpenters' Hall from a first person account, the dancing statue of Benjamin Franklin at Library Hall and paranormal Pine Street happenings.
- Haunted Movie Sets - See famous film locations from big screen thrillers such as Shooter, National Treasure and more!
Guests may be lucky enough to encounter the spirits of Ben Franklin, Dr. Benjamin Rush, Bishop White, Betsy Ross, and more. This family-friendly tour is a great option as a before or after-dinner activity. Plus, each guest will receive a FREE glow stick which can be used to attract the ghosts or ward them off!
"People are 'dying' to take the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour since it is such a great way to experience Haunted Philadelphia, especially during the Halloween season. Along the tour, guests will hear the spellbinding stories and terrifying tales of the supernatural," stated Jonathan Bari, founder of the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour of Philadelphia. "It's one thing to see Philadelphia's historic sites by day, but it's a different experience to see them by night and learn about their haunted side when we show you more than 20 of Philly's Frights & Sights."
Fall 2008 Tour Schedule
From September through November, the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour will offer tours as detailed in the schedule below. The tour will meet at the COSÌ® restaurant at 325 Chestnut Street (corner of 4th & Chestnut Streets). For the most up to date tour schedule, or to purchase tickets, call 215.525.1776 or visit http://www.Spiritsof76.com . You can also check out our "Blair Witch" style video posted at http://www.Spiritsof76.com .
Wednesday through Sunday @ 7:30PM
Daily @ 7:30PM; Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Halloween @ 9:30PM; Saturday & Sunday @ 6:00 PM; NEW DAYTIME TOURS: Saturday @ 1:00 PM
Friday & Saturday @ 7:30 PM
Tickets & Starting Location
Tickets cost $17.50 Per Adult and $12.50 Per Child (ages 3-12). Group rates are available for parties of 25 or more. To purchase tickets, call 215.525.1776 or visit http://www.Spiritsof76.com . Tickets are also sold each evening before the Tour begins at the COSÌ® restaurant at 325 Chestnut Street (corner of 4th & Chestnut Streets) in Philadelphia. Advance reservations are recommended.
The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour meets at the COSÌ® restaurant at 325 Chestnut Street in Philadelphia which is in Old City at the corner of 4th & Chestnut Streets.
Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour Partners
Spirits of '76 has partnered with the following organizations:
- COSÌ® Restaurant - COSÌ® (http://www.getcosi.com) is a national premium convenience restaurant chain that has developed featured foods built around a secret, generations-old recipe for crackly crust flatbread. The COSÌ® menu features sandwiches, freshly tossed salads, melts, soups, COSÌ® bagels, flatbread pizzas, S'mores, snacks and other desserts, and a wide range of coffee and coffee-based drinks and other specialty beverages. COSÌ® at 325 Chestnut Street is in the heart of Historic Philadelphia.
- 13 Haunts - Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour is a proud member of 13 Haunts. 13 Haunts is a group of the 13 scariest Haunted Attractions in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey. For more information, visit http://www.13Haunts.com .
About Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour
The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour of Philadelphia is the city's scariest new haunted tour that visits more than 20 of Center City Philadelphia's Frights & Sights on a 75 minute ghoulish outdoor walking adventure. The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour features the facts and folklore of haunted Philadelphia. Come see why the Los Angeles Times said, "Join the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour, a 75-minute walk to more than 20 historic and, supposedly, haunted sites, including Carpenters' Hall and Pine Street." The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour was created and is operated by The Constitutional Guided Walking Tours, LLC. For more information on the Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour, please visit http://www.Spiritsof76.com or call 215.525.1776.
About The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia
The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia is one of the leading providers of sightseeing tours of America's Birthplace - "Where Every Day is Independence Day!"™ Located in Historic Philadelphia, The Constitutional visits more than 20 of the most historical sites on a 75 minute, 1.25 mile outdoor adventure in the Independence National Historical Park area, which is home to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the National Constitution Center. The Constitutional guides visitors on a walk through history where The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States were created. Since 2004, The Constitutional has been consistently ranked as one of Philadelphia's "Top 25 Tourist Attractions" by the Philadelphia Business Journal. Come see why the Chicago Tribune stated, "No visit to Philadelphia is complete without taking a Constitutional Guided Walking Tour, a 75-minute, mile and a quarter stroll that puts 15 historic sites, from Independence Hall to the National Constitution Center, and Ben Franklin, in perspective." For more information on The Constitutional's various tours, please visit http://www.TheConstitutional.com.
EDITOR'S NOTES - High-resolution photographs are available for media usage at http://www.spiritsof76.com/press.php .
© 2006-2008, The Constitutional Walking Tours LLC. All Rights Reserved.
"COSÌ" and related marks are registered trademarks of COSÌ, Inc.