New York, NY (PRWEB) September 18, 2008
Career services professionals know a vital part of keeping abreast of trends in the résumé writing and career coaching field is attendance at national conferences and participation in continuing education programs. The National Resume Writers' Association (NRWA) (http://www.thenrwa.com) will provide these professionals the opportunity to gain vital careers-industry knowledge at their 11th annual conference in San Diego, CA, September 24 - 27, 2008.
Themed "Catch the Latest Waves in Resume Writing and Business Building," the conference features industry-leading and multi-credentialed experts from many different facets of the career services field, including Louise Kursmark, author of 19 career-focused books, and Susan Whitcomb, author of six job search publications.
This year's conference will also feature Cameron Johnson, a finalist on Oprah Winfrey's hit television show, "The Big Give," and author of "You Call the Shots: Succeed Your Way - and Live the Life You Want - with the 19 Essential Secrets of Entrepreneurship." Johnson, who started his first company at age 12 and made his first million at age 17, will speak on the attitude necessary to succeed as an entrepreneur.
The conference topics, designed to provide résumé writer and career services practitioners with best practices and expert knowledge in their field, focus on the latest trends in résumé writing, Internet job search tactics, and human resource recruiting intelligence, which will improve the services they provide to their clients. In addition, attendees will gain expertise in business development and marketing practices to ensure success in their business ventures.
"At this year's conference, attendees will learn from subject-matter experts on career services and business topics. This vital information will provide the knowledge to better assist their clients and run a successful venture," stated Robyn Feldberg, NCRW, CCMC, VAL, and president of NRWA. "We have also lined up a panel of human resource managers to provide attendees with insider knowledge of the hiring process, which translates into helping their clients navigate the job search process with greater ease."
Career and business-related topics and presenters at this year's conference include:
- Résumé Optimization in the New World of Search, presented by Paul Forster, Co-founder and CEO, Indeed.com
- Web Branding & Selling: How to Use the Internet to Grow Image & Sales, presented by Pattie Simone - WomenCentric.org / Write-Communications.com
- The Assessment Advantage: Easy Steps to Selecting, Making Sense of, and Having Success with Career Assessments, presented by Susan Britton Whitcomb, CCMC, NCRW, MRW, CCM - Career Coach Academy
- Minority Job Seekers & Résumé Writing, presented by Marilyn Ludd & Adelle Dantzler Williams - Ludd Consultants and Dantzler Solutions
- I'll Take Anything!" How to Provide Effective Support for the Career-Confused Résumé Client, presented by Katy Piotrowski, M.Ed. - JobWorks
- Intensive sessions on CV / International, Finance / Banking, IT, and Military Conversion resume-writing techniques
- Client Agreements, presented by Shauna C. Bryce, JD, CPRW - Résumé Galleria, LLC
- Cover Letter Magic, presented by Louise Kursmark, MRW, CPRW, JCTC, CEIP, CCM - Best Impression Career Services, Inc.
In addition, NRWA will feature two pre-conference workshops, including:
- Expand Your Brand! A Crash Course in Adding New Services and Greater Value to Your Clients ... and Bigger Deposits to Your Bank Account, presented by Susan Britton Whitcomb, CCMC, NCRW, MRW, CCM - Career Coach Academy
- Résumé Writing With Confidence, presented by Louise Kursmark, MRW, CPRW, JCTC, CEIP, CCM - Best Impression Career Services, Inc.
Founded in 1997, the mission of the National Résumé Writers' Association is to provide continuing education through training courses and conferences, exchange information through networking opportunities, and the ability to achieve the Nationally Certified Résumé Writer (NCRW) designation through an industry-leading training process to more than 400 members throughout the world.
For more information on the conference, including a detailed description of the topics to be presented and registration fees, visit http://www.thenrwa.com/resume-writers/conference.asp.