Tel Aviv, Israel (PRWEB) September 18, 2008
Elmo Motion Control announced a new addition to its SimplIQ core motion control technology. The solution consists of the Guitar plus a versatile connection interface which can eliminate or reduce development time and resources when designing a PCB board for a motion control application. As with other Elmo SimplIQ digital products, the Solo Guitar can be easily set up and tuned using Elmo's Composer software tools.
Solo Guitar Feature Highlights:
- Ready-to-use, no need for PCB design
- Operates from a DC power source in current, velocity, position and advanced position modes, in conjunction with a permanent-magnet synchronous brushless motor, DC brush motor, linear motor or voice coil
- Delivers up to 4.8 kW of continuous power or 5.4 kW of peak power in a miniaturized package (46.7 x 61 x 80 mm or 1.84" x 2.4" x 3.15")
- Can operate as a stand-alone device or as part of a multi-axis system in a distributed configuration on a real-time network
- Delivers up to 45 amps of continuous current, and 70 amps of peak current
- Supports a wide variety of feedbacks
- Also available with absolute feedback encoder
- Functions in a high level programming environment
- Provides the highest power density incorporated with Elmo's SimplIQ core servo and motion rich capabilities
- Can be mounted anywhere: In a motor, in a machine, on a load, attached to moving parts, etc.
About The Solo Guitar Servo Drive
Elmo Motion Control's Solo Guitar is a ready -to-use servo drive solution that provides top servo performance, networking and intelligent capabilities in a high level programming environment.
The Solo Guitar offers an extremely attractive miniature space saving answer. Unique to the market, the combination of the high power capabilities and programming flexibility, with the ability to provide a wide variety of feedbacks and CANOpen networking, makes it a highly effective solution.
Elmo Motion Control designs, manufactures and sells machine motion control solutions that include network based motion controllers and intelligent digital servo drives for brush and brushless motors. Elmo's drives offer the highest power density in an extremely compact package. The company's product offering is divided into two major product families: SimplIQ for general purpose motion control applications and ExtrIQ for applications operating under extended and extreme environmental conditions.
For more information about the Solo Guitar servo drive, contact Elmo at marketing(at)elmomc.com or visit http://www.elmomc.com.