Lake Geneva, WI (PRWEB) September 16, 2008
Roy Ramthun, "Mr. HSA," will be hosting an HSA seminar on Wednesday, July 23rd at 12:00 noon ET (11:00 am CT, 10:00 am MT, 9:00 am PT) to explain the new the IRS released Notice 2008-59. This webinar will last 90 minutes.
"The Treasury Department and the IRS recently released a new set of formal questions and answers on Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). I will be providing information and answers on how these final guidelines will affect the HSA program," said Roy Ramthun.
Over 40 new frequently asked questions and answers that cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Who is considered an eligible individual?
- What plans qualify as a high deductible health plan (HDHP)?
- What are the limits for contributions?
- What types of expenses can be considered qualified medical expenses for HSA purposes?
- What is a prohibited transaction?
- When an HSA is considered "established?"
- How are HSA administration and maintenance fees treated?
The webinar will provide an opportunity for Q&A.
Who Should Attend?
Insurance Agents, Employee Benefit Providers, TPAs, Financial Planners, CPA's, tax preparers, Stock Brokers, HR personnel, Insurance Providers, banks, credit unions, and anyone with an HSA.
The cost of the webinar is only $95.
Roy Ramthun is President of HSA Consulting Services, LLC (http://www.hsaconsultingservices.com), a health care consulting firm specializing in Health Savings Accounts and consumer-driven health care issues. Mr. Ramthun is also SVP of HSA Clearing Corp which offers turnkey solutions for financial institutions nationwide to initiate and administrate HSA accounts. For more information please call 262-348-1300 or visit their website at http://www.hsaclearing.com.